Chapter 5 ~Too Late

A/N Don't be a silent reader comment your thoughts.

Chapter 5 ~Too Late 

Educating the mind without educating the heart in no education at all ~Aristotle 

************

Evan's POV

I sat there in shock for a solid ten minutes letting his words process in my head. I let out a loud cry of despair "Why" I questioned out loud while looking at my ceiling for answers. This is all my fault I told him I was going to be there today and I wasn't. Treyton was whimpering but other than that he was completely silent. 

I curled up into a little ball on my bed and stared at the wall "It's okay you wanted this" I tried to console myself but it wasn't working. "You'll get another mate and everything will be fine" tears were streaming down my face quickly. I buried my face into my pillow and sobbed I didn't want to loose him I wanted to make things up to him and start over. I guess that's what happens when you choose to instantly hate your mate instead of giving them a chance. 

After crying into my pillow for a few minutes -which felt like hours- I finally ran out of tears so I laid on my bed staring up into nothingness. <I'm sorry Treyton. This was all my fault and it's not fair to you> I apologized.

<No Evan, you were not responsible for his actions I don't blame either of you> he answered weakly. <Now if you don't mind I'm really tired I think I'm just gonna go to bed> he went to the back of my mind and stayed there.

I felt warm tears streaming down my face again "Damn, just when I thought I was done" I wiped them but gave up when they just kept coming. My shoulders shook vigorously as I cried again the pain in my chest grew and it hurt like hell "Dad" I said out loud while gripping my chest. "DADDY" I screamed "Please I need you" I cried. 

I didn't think that they'll here me since the walls were sound proof but they did "Evan what's wrong" they exclaimed while busting into my room. 

"He rejected me" I cried while gripping my chest "It hurts" I whimpered. 

 My dad gasped while my father muttered curses under his breath "Why? What happened" they cradled me in their arms like I was a baby and it felt nice. 

"It's my fault" I told them "A week ago when I went to the mall with Maggie and Logan I found my mate. He was a vampire and I just decided to reject him but Treyton stopped me. We got to know each other a little bit and I realized he's not that bad. I made a promise to him yesterday and I told him that I'll be at school today for him and I wasn't" I explained vaguely so they'll get the gist. "He told me that wasn't the reason why he rejected me but I can't help but think that it is" I sniffled. 

I expected sympathy but instead got a slap in the face. It wasn't to hard just on to put common sense into my body "Why did you want to reject him" my dad grumbled angrily. 

"Vampires hurt Aunt April and Maggie you know this. I just couldn't accept him it would't be right it'll be a huge slap in the face to Maggie" I explained "At this point I don't really know anymore" 

They sighed "Can we ask who he is" my father asked. 

"It's Quincy Reed" I whispered. 

I heard them suck in a breath "You didn't reject him because he wears girl clothes right" my father questioned. 

I felt myself get angry "Of course I didn't I think he looks cute in his clothes and I am no one to judge" I growled. 

"Damn, I was just asking" he muttered. 

"I wanted to fix things with him I really did" I sobbed "I guess I was just too late" the tears were falling down my face quickly and I was getting pretty sick of crying. 

"It'll be okay Evan you'll see" my dad cooed "The Moon Goddess has a plan for everything" he ran a hand through my hair comfortingly. 

I yawned "I'm going to bed now" I said. 

The nodded "Call if you need anything" they said before leaving me to my thoughts. 

****************

When I said I was going to bed it was utter bullshit I sat awake at 2 in the morning thinking about life. Suddenly their was a rapping at my window and being the dumbass I am I thought nothing of it and opened the window. A girl around 13 came in gasping for air "Please help me" she whisper shouted. The smell of vampire was so heavy on her it was almost suffocating. 

"How'd you get this far into the pack lands without being spotted" I asked.

"There's no time for that please my friend is in trouble" she begged "We were playing hide-n-seek when rogues came out of no where and attacked" she looked into my eyes. 

I sighed "Fine, let's go" I stupidly followed her outside but the whole time I was wondering where the hell are the warriors. 

We were in the middle of the forest when something hit my head making me fall to the ground with a groan. "You were the one who hurt our Master" they hissed. 

I was highly confused and pissed "You set me up" I growled at the girl who was now smirking and looking smug. 

"How else were we supposed to lure you here" she said smugly. 

"Listen I don't know what the fuck you guys want but I'll leave before the warriors come out" I warned. 

"Wolfs Bane" a guy around my age spoke up "It weakens the wolf" he stated. 

I was confused "What" I asked trying to stand up only to be held down by two vampires older than me. 

They pulled out a vile and uncapped it the smell of wolfs bane hit me and my eyes widen. "I know cutting a wolf with a blade contaminated with wolfs bane will leave a scar depending how bad the cut. What will drinking it do" he walked closer to me. 

"Stop it'll kill me" I said fearfully. 'Wow, I'm begging what an Alpha I am' I thought. 

He stopped a foot away from me "Well that's no good we came to torture" he said with disappointment. He pulled out a blade "This will work better than" he threw the knife at me and it embedded into my shoulder "That's for hurting him" he hissed. 

"Who" I groaned in pain "Who did I hurt" I snapped. 

"Quincy, you idiot" the girl from earlier snarled. 

I froze "Quincy sent you" I knew he was mad but not this mad. 

"Well, no" the guy smirked "Nobody from our clan knows we left but us" he uncapped the vile again. "You know what drinking a little won't hurt now would it" he said. 

I struggled against the vampires who were holding me down "If you kill me our packs will go to war" I threatened. 

"Who's gonna say it was us who killed you" he smirked. 

They held my head down and shoved the wolfs bane into my mouth making me swallow it. It was way more then a little bit and I felt myself weaken. I thought that was the end of it but the little punks decided to kick my ass while I was down. I found my self slipping in and out of consciousness I was so weak I couldn't even groan in pain. With one final punch to the face I was out like a light 'Fuck how am I going to explain this to dad' I think before going limp. 

***************

I woke up and by the looks of the sky it was 5 in the morning I thought everything that happened was a dream. But when I found myself to weak to move I knew it wasn't I forced myself to move which took a lot of energy. I practically crawled my ass out of the woods nearly scaring the shit out of the omegas who were cooking breakfast when I banged on the back door.  

 "Get Alpha Axel and Alpha James" I heard one order another before they rushed to my aid. 

I guess they smelled the wolfs bane on me because the gasped and backed up "Who did this to you" they asked. 

My parents barged in and found me half passed out on a chair "What the hell" they asked angrily. 

I wasn't able to see what happened next since I passed out again half out of exhaustion and half because the wolfs bane was taking a toll on my body. 

*******************

A/N That's chapter 5 and if I'm honest it's not my best. Well BYEE!!!