Chapter 14 ~Evan's Downfall

A/N So this is going to be like a recap from Evan's POV. Don't be a silent reader comment your thoughts. 

Chapter 14 ~Evan's Downfall

The finest souls are those who gulped pain and avoided making others taste it. ~Nizariat 

*********************

Evan's POV 

"You hurt him bad this time did you know what he did when he got home" she asked giving me a cold fierce glare.

I remember what my father said about people who have cold dead eyes 'The look of someone who has given up on hope and love. Someone who has been trough so much pain and their afraid to let others see it.' as he says. "What did he do" I asked a bit afraid of the answer. 

"He cut himself. Something he hasn't done in years and he started again because of you" she said. "And that's why I, Sarah Taylor of the Reed Clan challenge you Evan Grey of the Grey Shadow Pack to a duel" she announced. Everyone that gathered around gasped because for one she is just a kid and I'm considered an adult. 

"I accept your challenge" I agreed knowing that I can't back down since I'm the future Alpha. 

She smirked but her eyes remained dead and it was fucking scary. We were led to the training room and started the match. The rules were simple you fight until someone taps out. And being as prideful as I am I will not tap out. 

Sarah made the first move and I blocked I don't want to hurt her so I'll just keep blocking until she wears herself out. She threw a few punches and kicks and after five minutes she found it pointless and swiped her leg under my feet knocking me down in the process. I landed with a thud and attempted to get back up because defending myself won't do any good when I'm down.

She landed a good hit close to my temple and I staggered backwards for a moment. <How long have we been fighting> I asked Treyton.

<I don't know but you need to focus> he said. 

Before I could react she axe kicked me in the head I fell to the ground instantly but I struggled back up to my feet again. "Just tap out it'll be fine" the crowd said. 

I shook my head and continued on blocking her kicks and punches she was quick I'll admit that. She landed a few more punches and kicks on me before ending the fight with a flying back kick to my temple. I fell limply to the ground the last thing I heard was the screaming and gaps from the crowd. With whatever energy I had left I opened my eyes and saw her walking towards me with and animalistic look in her eyes. 

You know when someone is near death they say their life flashed before their eyes. Well for me it was different instead of my life I felt grief, regret, and sadness before I fell totally limp, unmoving and not breathing.  

***********************

Maggie's POV (shocking)

I felt dread fill my stomach as he fell to the ground I rushed forward along with his parents. "Evan wake up. Hey wake up" Alpha Axel said while cradling his son's head on his lap. 

"Someone get the pack doctor" Alpha James cried. He glared at Sarah "Maggie take her to the cellars" he ordered. 

"But-" I squeaked but he cut me off. 

"NOW" he yelled. 

I jumped but nodded and gripped her arm dragging her to the cellars. "What did you do" I said frantically while dragging her down the stairs. 

"I just challenged him" she said boredly. 

As we walked past other cells the prisoners all looked at us lustfully I rolled my eyes and gave a warning growl. I threw her into a cell and locked it before pacing "You know if he dies you'll have to be put down too" I said. 

She shrugged "Death has to come eventually" she said. 

I looked at her in disbelief "What. The. Fuck" I say in shock. I shake my head "I'll be back stay put and don't cause a fuss" I said before walking back upstairs. 

"His pulse is low we have to get him to the infirmary" I hear the doctor order. 

My heartbeat quickens <Is he that bad> I ask my wolf -Maria-.

<I don't know lets hope for the best> she answered but I could tell she's troubled. 

*****************

The news the doctor delivered was not what I wanted to hear. At that moment my heart stopped everything around me just froze "I'm sorry Alpha's but he's gone" the doctor said. 

Tears well in my eyes and I cling onto Logan but he's as much of a mess as I am "My team is working on getting him back but it isn't looking to good" she says before excusing herself to go back to Evan. 

Alpha Axel was a mess as he clung onto Alpha James for support "What about Quincy" I spoke up suddenly. 

Everyone looked at me -by everyone I mean Donovan, Logan, my parents, and the Alpha's- "What about him" Donovan asked. 

"He's Evan's mate he deserves to know" this didn't help the situation because now everyone realized that Quincy has lost his mate. 

"Donovan can you go to Quincy's clan and give him our condolences" Alpha Axel whispered. 

Donovan nodded and left "We'll contact you if he wakes up" I called out to him. I don't know if he heard me or not. 

The whole night was spent restless for everyone we were all too on edge and worried to relax. I was leaned against a wall feeling bad for Quincy I wouldn't know how to live without my mate. I look at Logan who was reading to some of the pups to keep them occupied and I felt myself smile. 

No one should take their mate for granted because in an instant they could be gone. 

********************

A/N This chapter is really short and I only assumed it was going to be. Well BYEE!!!