Chapter 10 ~Winter Sports

A/N Have you ever gotten feels in public? Well I did today and it was just sad. Don't be a silent reader comment your thoughts.

Evan's gift to Quincy (Up top or on side)

Chapter 10 ~Winter Sports

Just remember that sometimes, the way you think about a person isn't the way they actually are ~John Green

*************

Evan's POV

"A necklace? Really?" Maggie asked while scrunching up her nose at the necklace that I got for Quincy.

I frowned "Yeah, I thought it was a good idea" I looked down worriedly thinking that it wasn't the right gift for him.

"Oh no, it's a good idea" she rushed "I just don't think he'll like a necklace of your name" she said hesitantly.

I looked down at the necklace of my name that I got for Quincy "It sounded like a good idea in my head" I sighed while closing the little rectangular box the necklace came in.

"Well I think it's cute" Logan pipped up "As long as it was from the heart and you had good intentions I'm sure he'll like it" he smiled at me.

I grunted "Why are you so damn happy and nice all the time" I muttered.

He smiled even though I technically made fun of his happy go lucky attitude. "I don't have any reason to be rude or unhappy" he said while Maggie wrapped her arms around him and gushed over his cuteness.

I shrugged and looked away from the happy couple. Today was Christmas Day and since my family usually celebrates Christmas on the twenty-fourth I had nothing to do today. So I decided to drive to Quincy's house and deliver his present because after all it was Christmas Day. I glanced at the clock and it was 10:45 am 'He should be up by now. Right?' I thought to myself.

I stood up and glanced at Maggie and Logan "Okay well I'm leaving. Wish me luck" I muttered the last part and made my way out the door.

<He'll like his gift right> I asked Treyton.

<Sure! Who wouldn't like to receive a necklace of someone else's name on Christmas> he said sarcastically.

My shoulder's slumped and I frowned as I turned on my car <It's not that bad is it> I asked.

<Uh...No comment> he answered.

I rubbed my head and sighed that's what I dislike about getting presents for others. I always end up getting the wrong thing.

***********

I knocked on the door anxiously and immediately thought of making a run for it. I turned around and stared to walk away when a voice stopped me "Evan" Mrs. Reed's voice stopped me mid step. 

I turned back around a smiled sheepishly "H-Hey Mrs. Reed" I greeted nervously. 

"I don't mean to be rude but what are you doing here. Don't you want to celebrate Christmas with your family" she asked. 

"We celebrated yesterday" I answered then it occurred to me that maybe they're celebrating it today and I'm getting in the way. "Uh...I can come back later-" she cut me off before I can finish. 

"Don't be silly you haven't told me why you're here in the first place. My guess it's for Quincy" she smirked and gestured to the gift box that was in my hands. 

I blushed "Y-Yeah it is" I looked down and my shoes. 

"Come in, he's in his room you know the way" she said while letting me in.