Chapter 24 ~A Day Out With Jessica

A/N I'm actually pretty done with this book so this is the last chapter before the Epilogue. Don't be a silent reader comment your thoughts. 

Carnival (up top or on side) 

Chapter 24 ~A Day Out With Jessica 

We drink the poison our minds pour us and wonder why we feel so sick. ~Atticus 

******************

Evan's POV

I sighed again as I headed down stairs Quincy was at some family gathering and Maggie was on a date with Logan. "There's nothing for me to do" I groaned while plopping myself on the couch. 

"Well you can always help me clean" I heard a voice say from above me. 

I looked up and saw Dillion -an omega- standing over me with her hands on her hips. I groaned "I would but that sounds like a lot of-" I was cut off when my phone started to ring. "Excuse me" I excused myself and answered my phone. 

"Hey Grey" a voice exclaimed. 

I pulled the phone away from my ear and winced "What do you want Jessica" I say boredly. 

"Well my mate is out training or whatever and my Beta needs help looking for his mate" she started. "So I'm going to tag along with him then I thought 'What if he does find his mate then I'll be third wheeling' and that's when I called you" she said. 

"Okay and..."

"And I'm bringing you along that way I don't look like a loner" she chirped. 

"No thanks" I drawled. 

"Aww, why not it's not like you're doing anything interesting" she whined. 

"How do you know whether or not I'm doing something" I asked. 

"Well are you" she countered. 

"No" I sighed. 

"Great now get ready I'm picking you up in 30" she hung up and I looked at Dillion. 

"I rather stay and clean" I whimpered making her laugh. 

"Oh go get ready you lazy bum" she shooed me off to my room and I sighed again. 

**********************

"We should go to the carnival I hear it's in town" Jessica chirped from the passenger seat. 

I sat in the back and honestly felt like a third wheel "Why the carnival" I asked. 

"Well a lot of people go to the carnival maybe Luke's mate is there" she explained. "Plus I really want some carnival food" she added. 

Luke pursed his lips "You seem to make everything about you where ever we go" he said while making a right turn. 

"Of course because I'm most important bitch" she put her feet up on the dash board and leaned back in her seat. 

"Get you damn feet off my dash" he grumbled while taking his eyes off the road to push her legs off. 

"Keep your eyes on the road" she yelled frantically. 

"Stop doing stupid shit" he said while going back to driving. 

"I no longer feel safe" I commented while gripping onto the seat belt. 

We all laughed and continued or drive to the carnival making small talk every once in a while. 

******************

"Remember when you find them keep an open mind" Jessica said once we paid for admission and entered the carnival. 

"Of course Jess do you really think that low of me" he sighed.