Chapter 3 ~Attending School With A Vampire

A/N You don't know how many times I changed this whole chapter because I didn't like it. Don't be a silent reader comment your thoughts.

Lana Del Rey as Maggie (up top or on side)

Chapter 3 ~Attending School With A Vampire

Any fool can know. The point is to understand. ~Albert Einstein

****************

Evan's POV

I shut my locker with a slam and glared down the hall where some human had the audacity to flirt with my mate. My mate.

<I thought you didn't want him. Just last week you were about to reject him> Treyton taunted.

I rolled my eyes <I don't want him> I argued.

<Then why are you so jealous> I could tell he was jealous and wanted me to do something about the flirting.

I'm not going to do anything about it it's not my problem <I don't want him honestly Treyton> I said calmly <But the mate bond is still there because somebody, and I'm not going to say who, wouldn't let me reject him> I said pointedly

Treyton stayed quiet for a moment before answering <Why can't you give him a chance? What did he ever do to you that made you hate him so much> he asked.

<He was born that's what he did> I said coldly <If he was never born he wouldn't be my mate. Heck I'll even have a better mate, a werewolf even> I crossed my arms and leaned against my locker waiting for Quincy so I could 'show him around school'.

<THERE IS NO BETTER MATE> Treyton yelled making me wince <HE'S PERFECT AND YOU KNOW IT> he yelled even louder making me whimper in pain.

He kept yelling causing the pain to increase my vision started to blur and my head hurt like hell. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I flinched "Evan are you okay" I heard Quincy say hesitantly.

"Fine" I mumbled shrugging his hand off my shoulder.

He looked hurt but he quickly masked the hurt look with a smile "T-That's good to hear" he cleared his throat "Anyway, I came here to tell you that you don't have to show me around school anymore. Someone offered to show me around and I couldn't be rude" he explained. "Is that okay" he asked.

"No way dude" I snapped "My father will have my ass if he finds out I didn't show you around" I hissed.

"He won't know if you don't tell him" Quincy smirked.

"Quincy" I said in a threatening manner. He shivered when his name left my lips and I resisted the urge to push him against the lockers and ravish him. I shook my head 'Damn mate bond' I growled mentally.

"What" he asked when I didn't say anything.

I shook my head "Fine you can go we just won't tell my father" I agreed "I have things to do, people to make out with" I forgot that I was talking to Quincy and not one of my friends.

My eyes widened when the last part slipped past my lips unconsciously "Oh" Quincy answered numbly his bottom lip quivered softly. He hung his head low so I wouldn't be able to see that it affected him...that I affected him, but I still saw.

"Quincy, I didn't mean that" I rushed. I gripped his chin and lifted his face to meet mine "My lips are still untouched. Well I mean maybe when I was younger my parents and grandparents would give me pecks but that doesn't count" I reassured him. I don't know why I felt the need to reassure him that I've never kissed anyone I just did.