Chapter One

LISA

LISA

'Annyeonghaseyo.' I said as I bowed down.

'You must be the transfer student from Thailand. Lalisa Manoban, right?' The teacher asked as she gave me a friendly smile.

'Yes.' I replied.

'I see you understand me. Do you know korean very well?'

'Yes. I had taken classes for it back in Thailand.' I answered.

'Very nice. So, I am Lee Ha Kyung your class teacher for this year.' She said.

'Please take good care of me, teacher.' I smiled.

'Will sure do. C'mon gotta get to class now.'

I walked behind her as I nervously looked around. The corridors were well decorated with paintings and trophies that the school must have won. I could see people curiously looking at me as we passed by some opened classroom doors. I held onto my backpack strap even more tightly as I felt even more nervous every passing second.

The teacher stopped in front of a closed door and looked at me.

'This is the class. Wait here until I call you, okay?' She said before entering the class.

I gulped as I heard students greet her. I listened to her announcing that a new student will be joining them today. I bit my lower lip as she called me inside. I let out a gush of air through my mouth before entering the classroom. I just walked straight towards the teacher with my head down.

'Okay, class. This is Lalisa Manoban. She is a transfer student from Thailand. Lalisa, do you have anything to say?'

I clutched my backpack tightly and slowly lift my head.

'Uhh.. ni-nice to meet you ever-everyone.' I stuttered.

I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. What the heck was that, Lalisa?

I held my head down again as I heard some of the students snicker.

'It's nice to meet you too.' I heard very few of the students reply.

Most of them looked unbothered.

'Okay. Now, go take your seat over there.' Teacher said as she pointed to an empty seat at the back, beside the window.

I bowed and walked towards the seat assigned for me. I hung my bag on the hook at the side of the desk as I sat down. I awkwardly looked around and saw some of the students staring at me. I took out my book and held it upright so that I could hide my face behind it.

'Students, now pay attention to me. Open your books and-'

I looked outside the window and could see the school's garden. The view was great from up here. In the middle of the garden was a big fountain surrounded with flowers and all. I should check the garden out at lunch time, I thought to myself as I focused back at what the teacher was saying.

I was taking notes when I suddenly heard someone snore. I frowned as I turned to my right. The boy beside me was happily sleeping -no- snoring in middle of the class. I could tell the teacher and the other students noticed it too but no one said anything. I just decided to ignore it as well.

After couple of minutes, the bell rang, signaling class had ended. I glared at the boy beside me as I closed my notebook. I could not focus at all because of his continuous snoring.

'Annoying, isn't it?' Someone said.

I turned ahead and saw the girl in front of me giving a disapproving look towards the boy. I just nodded in reply. She smiled as she looked at me.

'Jisoo. Kim Jisoo.' She said mimicking James bond's voice.

I smiled as I replied 'Lalisa, Lalisa Manoban.'

'You must be wondering who the hell is that boy and how did he get away with his loud snores, right?' She asked.

I nodded as I turned my head towards the boy who may I add was still sleeping and snoring.

'He is Bobby. He is one of the popular boys of our school.' She said, rolling her eyes while saying the last part.

I chuckled. Seems like she does not like him.

Zzz-hngGGggh-Ppbhww-Zzz(snoring)

She threw a distasteful look at him.

'Everyone is like Bobby oppa and blah blah. It's so annoying. Teachers don't even say anything to him cause he is from a wealthy family.' She continued.

I gave her a confused look.

'Oh, I know I know. You must be thinking isn't everyone in this school from a wealthy family, well except for the scholarship student that is. But this guy-'she pointed a finger at Bobby-'is from a whole another level of wealthy family. His father owns the school along with his best friend, Hanbin's father.'

'Hanbin?'

'You will know him when you see him. He is hard to be unnoticed.' She said.

'Oh, okay.'

'Hey, why don't you come with me in lunch? I'll introduce you to my other friends too.' She offered.

'Sure.' I accepted with a wide smile on my face.

She winked and turned ahead as a teacher entered the room. A smile was cemented on my face as I opened the book for the class.

I am starting to like this school, I thought.

Zzz-hngGGggh-Ppbhww-Zzz

Or not.