Chapter Nineteen

LISA

LISA

I woke up to my phone ringing. I groaned as I roamed my hand around the night stand. I finally got hold of it and squinted my eyes as I watched the screen.

Jennie calling...

I answered the call and mumbled a 'hello'.

'Lalisa? Are you still sleeping?' She asked.

'Yeah.'

'Omo. You just woke up by my call?'

'Eo.'

'This girl, jinja. Yaah, it's already 2 pm!' She said.

I let out a yawn as I rubbed my eyes.

'It's Saturday, Jen. It's normal for me.'

'Aigoo. Party? Ready at my place? Ring a bell?'

My eyes opened wide as I realized.

'Omo. Party! Right. Oh, no!' I exclaimed as I got out of my bed.

'You should have put an alarm.'

'Aish. Why am I like this? Jennie-ya, I'll call you after I take a shower, okay? Bye.' I said before hanging up.

I rushed towards the bathroom and started doing my business in there. I plucked some unnecessary facial hairs and shaved my legs and arms. I used my favorite strawberry scented body wash to shower. I walked out of the bathroom without wasting time and put on the outfit that I prepared last night. I blow dried my hair as I picked up Chaeng's call.

'Chaeng-ah.' I said.

'Yaah. Are you at your place? I am coming to pick you up.'

'Okay. You remember the way?' I asked.

'My driver does. I'll be there in a couple of minutes.'

'Arasso.' I said before ending the call.

After I finished blow drying my hair. I stuffed my comfy home clothes inside my bag as I will be staying over. I didn't bother putting any makeup right now as Jennie strictly told me that she was going to do it for me.

'Lalisa.' I heard Chaeng's voice.

I grabbed my bag and ran towards the door to open it. I greeted Chaeng with a hug as she stepped inside.

'I am so excited.' She said as I put on my boots.

I chuckled at her and checked the windows and all, if they were locked. Chaeng had dropped me off at my place yesterday after the cafe. She even stayed for awhile until I had to go for work.

'All good?' She asked.

'All good.' I replied as I grabbed my phone and walked out of my flat.

We got inside her car and talked about the party the whole way to Jennie's. This was my first time at her place. I got out of the car and was greeted by two small puppies.