Chapter Eight

HANBIN

HANBIN

We walked towards our usual lunch table and sat down.

'Man, I am starving today.' Bobby stuffed a spoon full of rice inside his mouth.

'So, yesterday, I had to meet up with this celebrity chef from Japan. And he taught me how to make the best omu rice.' Yunhyeong started a conversation.

'Nice. When are you going to let us taste it?'

'I am still not yet happy about how my omelette turns out to be. I'll call you guys over after I master it.' He replied.

I nodded. Yunhyeong has always been interested in cooking. And he is actually pretty good at it too.

'How was your rap battle yesterday?' Bobby asked me.

'Well, I didn't win. So, it was pretty bad.'

'Who were you against?'

'Forenzic.'

'You know Forenzic's been on this game for a long time. He is practically a veteran. So, don't stress too much.'

I just shrugged. I was about to go back to eating but a loud laugh made me halt. I looked up towards the direction of the sound and squinted my eyes.

Is that the girl from the morning?

I watched as she said something to her friends.

Wait, is that Jennie?

I tilted my head to the side. So, she is friends with Jennie, huh? I smiled as she looked embarrassed at something Jennie said. I let out a yelp when Bobby's face suddenly appeared in front of me.

'Yah! Kkamjjak kiya!' I hit him on his chest. {TRANS: You scared me}

'What were you looking at?' Bobby followed my eyes.

'Oh!' He exclaimed.

I looked up and saw Lisa staring at us. She quickly looked away as our eyes met. I couldn't help but smile at how surprised she looked.

Bobby turned his head back to me which made me drop my smile.

'Don't even think about it, bro. She is a weirdo.' He said.

I frowned.

'She sits beside me in class.'

'She sits beside you?'

'Yeah. Today, she said my snore is loud. Like how could my snore be loud when I don't even snore.' He said.

'Dude, you snore. Trust me, you do.' Yunhyeong joined in.

'I have slept before in class. No one complained about any snoring.' Bobby defended himself.

'They are too scared to complain.'