Chapter Three

LISA

LISA

'Thank you, class. That's all for today.' The teacher announced as the final bell rang.

As soon as the teacher walked out of the classroom everyone let out sighs of relief. Well, everyone except Bobby who was still sleeping. I thought he wouldn't sleep after lunch but boy was I wrong. He snored louder than before.  I understood why the seat beside him was empty even though he was popular.

I put all necessary books inside my bag and got up. Jisoo got up too and turned towards me.

'Gaja!' She said.

I nodded towards Bobby and asked 'Shouldn't we wake him up?'

'No need. His friends will wake him up.'

Just as Jisoo said that, the scary guy- what was his name-

'Hanbin-ah!' Sana shouted suddenly, answering my thought.

She entered the classroom and stood beside Hanbin who was standing beside Bobby's desk.

'I told you to wait for me. Why did you just walk ahead?' She said with an annoyed tone.

'I didn't feel like waiting for you.' Hanbin replied.

'Oppa!' Sana exclaimed.

'Don't call me oppa. It's so annoying.' Hanbin said as he brushed his hair back with his fingers.

'Yah!' Sana looked angry.

'Aish! You two stop with the quarreling.' Bobby groaned as he sat upright.

'Seriously, you two are getting even more annoying day by day.' Bobby continued as he stretched his arms.

'Did you have a good sleep, sleeping beauty?' Hanbin teased ignoring what Bobby said as he ruffled his hair.

'Hajima.' Bobby whined as he slapped Hanbin's hand away.

'Says sleeping beauty number two. Hanbin-ah, don't act like you didn't sleep throughout the whole day.' Yunhyeong chuckled as he entered the class.

'Let's go.' Jisoo urged making me focus back on her.

'Oh, right.'

We walked out of the class and met Jennie and Chaeyoung who were waiting for us outside.

'Finally. I can't wait to go home.' Jennie exclaimed as she slung her arm around Jisoo's shoulder.

'Me too.' Chaeyoung said.

'Let's go quick. My driver's already here.' Jisoo quickened her pace.

We nodded as we followed behind her. I stopped on my tracks when I saw a boy being cornored by other three boys.

'What are they doing?' I frowned.

They turned towards where I was looking and stopped.

'Oh, that's Lee Jihoon. The scholarship student.' Chaeyoung said.

'Isn't that Koo Junhoe?' I asked as I noticed one of the three boys was him.

Jennie nodded. Just then Junhoe started hitting the boy with a book.

'Ya-' Jisoo put her hand over my mouth, stopping me from shouting.

The three of them pulled me away with Jisoo's hand still over my mouth. I tried to protest but failed. After we were at a far distance, Jisoo put her hand down.

'Why did you guys do that? We could have stopped him.' I said.

'We couldn't have. It would just make it worse.' Jennie replied.

'Lee Jihoon is one of the very few scholarship student that got in Mirae. He is under Koo Junhoe.' Chaeyoung added.

'What do you mean by under Koo Junhoe?' I asked.

'Till now we have only told you about the good side of the school. This school to people it may seem like the school of their dreams but it's far from that. The bullying in this school is the worst thing ever. The students from rich families look down upon the poor ones.' Jisoo continued.

'Before the scholarship offer, richer ones would look down upon the one's below them by wealth. After scholarship offers, they started bullying the scholarship students.'

'No one protested 'cause they were finally not the ones being bullied. Since then, it's always like this.' Chaeyoung added.

'So basically we are all bullies.' I said.

'No. We are not like them. We don't bully anyone.' Jennie denied.

'Seeing people getting bullied and not doing anything to stop it also makes you a bully.' I deadpanned.

They just stood there dumbfounded.

'I need to go.' I said and quickly ran away.

I ran down the stairs and out the building. I ran out of the school grounds until I could not see the building. I stopped as I reached the bus stop and panted. I was all sweaty and out of breath. I literally ran for fifteen minutes straight. I sat on the bench and wiped my forehead with the back of my hand.

I blankly stared ahead as I recalled what Jisoo, Jennie and Chaeyoung said. I recalled what Koo Junhoe did to the scholarship student. I bowed my head down as I bit my lower lip.

I rummaged through my bag and pulled out a peice of paper. I traced the Mirae school's logo in the paper with my finger and unfolded it carefully. I read out the words written in my mind.

'Dear Lalisa,

CONGRATULATIONS for being selected as the reciepient of the Mirae High School's full tution scholarship. With your exceptional grades and-'

I folded the paper back and stuffed it inside the bag. I covered my face with my hands and groaned. All the happy thoughts I had before were gone. All the good things I imagined of this school just shattered. I could already tell what would happen to me once they find out I am a scholarship student too.

What am I going to do?