Truce

Hermione's (POV)

I woke up and realized what today is. It's the day of the exams! I got out of bed and threw on an oversized sweater that went on top of some leggings. And to top it off some Bear Claws. Professor Dumbledore had given us the permission to wear whatever we wanted today and tomorrow just for the exams. I put my hair up into a nice ponytail. I walked out of the room and into the common room. It was quite noisy until I walked in. I looked up and everyone was staring at me. What are they looking at? I saw Lavender push through a group of first years and she walked right up to me. She smirked and said "So you and Draco Malfoy."

I stood up straighter and said "Yes, its true. You got a problem?"

I saw Ron and Harry watching. Ron looked disgusted and Harry seemed amused.

"No no, its just....." she paused and smirked before saying "It's just no one ever expected a filthy little mudblood to end up with Malfoy."

I felt my heart sting and said "He has a name you know and just for your information I'm not a mudblood. I'm just uniquely picked out of many muggles which makes me much more special than any stupid pureblood or halfblood."

And with that I turned on my heal and left everyone standing there with their mouths open. I felt a little tug in my heart that told me that I was amazing and it felt good.

Harry's (POV)

I shut Ron's mouth and said "Come on let's go to breakfast."

But he still stood there and said "Hold on. There's something I need to do."

I shrugged and said "Alright. Just don't get into any trouble."

He smirked and said "Don't worry I won't."

Ron's (POV)

I rushed up to Lavender, who was crying, and pulled her into a hug.

"Are you OK Lavy?" I asked.

"Am I really stupid?" she said as she looked into my eyes.

"Of course not! She is just being Hermione."

She sniffled a bit more and then said "Let's go to breakfast."

"OK."

Harry's (POV)

I walked into the great hall and saw Hermione crying into Draco's shoulder. I honestly wasn't mad at Hermione. I was happy for her and I hated fighting with her. Sure me and Malfoy don't get along but I'm sure we would for her. I sat down across from her and she looked up and said "What do you want?"

"I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I was taking Ron's side because I am his best mate and he needs me. I honestly am happy for you two. I know me and him don't get along, but I'm sure we would for you." I said with a smile.

She jumped across the table and hugged me.

"I'm sorry for punching you in the face." she said laughing.

"It's ok. I deserved it." I said as she sat back down.

"Now Draco," I said. "You better take care of this young lady. She is like the sister I never had."

He finally broke out into a smile, laughed and said "Don't worry mate, she is in good hands."

"So we're good?" I said to both of them.

They looked at each other and said "Yea we're good."

I smiled and said "Now we just have to get Ron on our side."

And it was like a 'speak of the devil' moment because he walked into the room, hand in hand with Lavender. He looked straight over to where we were sitting and said something to Lavender and walked out of the room. Great. Just great. I looked over to Hermione and Draco who looked at each other and then me. Exam day turned into a drama day. Great.