Ending On a Bad Note

**The following chapter is a week later after exams. The students are packing up to head home for the summer.**

Ron's (POV)

Finally, the day has come that I return home for the summer! I got my exam results shortly after I awoke on this fine Friday morning. I of course got a C in potions, but everything else was an A. Harry got about the same grade as me, just a C plus in potions. We headed down to breakfast and sat down across from Hermione.

She smiled and said "Good morning, boys! What did you get on your exam results. I got all A's."

"All A's and a C." I said with a shrug.

"And let me guess." she started to say. "You got that in potions?"

"Yep."

"Thought so. And you, Harry."

"Same, except C plus."

"Well its better than a C minus."

"I guess."

We started eating and then Draco plopped down next to Hermione.

He kissed her on the cheek and said "So what did you all get on your exam results? I got all A's and one B in transfiguration."

We all explained what we got to him. He shook his head and then plowed into his food. I looked up at Hermione and saw a tear go down her cheek. Draco hadn't noticed yet so I said "Hermione, what's wrong."

Draco stopped eating and looked up at her. When he saw the tear on her cheek he immediately put his arm around her and pulled her close. Lavender sat down next to me, kissed me on the cheek and whispered "Why is she crying? Did she finally look into the mirror?"

I chuckled at her rude humour and said "No, Lavy. Not here."

She shrugged and started to eat. She is one thing I'm going to miss this summer.

I turned my attention back to Hermione. She started to say "I'm just going to miss you this summer."

"Don't worry, Mione. We will see each other this summer. I will make sure of it."

She smiled and said "Ok." and continued to eat her breakfast.

After breakfast..........

Lavender's (POV)

WonWon and I walked down to the train station together. We got a compartment with Draco, Hermione, Harry, and Ginny. We all had a blast on the way home. We played a muggle game called Truth or Dare. You picked truth or dare from the person who asked you and they either give you a dare or a truth. You have to do whatever they ask you. If you have a truth, you have to tell the truth about something or say if you have or haven't done something before. If you get a dare, you have to do whatever the person wants you to do. It's a strange game. We finally arrived at King's Cross. I got up and grabbed my bag. I felt Ron's hand slip into mine. I don't think I can last a whole summer without him. We walked off the train with everyone behind us. We stopped when we were close to Ron's family. My, did they look insane. There was a plump lady, probably his mother, racing towards us. Behind her came a tall, thin and smi-bald man. I'm guessing his father. He let go of my hand and hugged his parents. When they were done, Ron turned around and said "Mom. Dad. This is my girlfriend, Lavender."

I smiled and did a shy wave. Mrs. Weasley gave me a big hug, pulled me back and said "Oh look at her, Arthur! She is beautiful!"

I blushed and quickly said "Thank you. I must go find my parents now."

They said goodbye and Ron followed me to my parents. My mother glanced down at me when we arrived and then whispered something to my father.

He looked down at me and said "Oh good. Your here. Now let's get going."