The New Dark Lord

Ron's ( POV )

I jump over a log and my feet slam into the ground.

We are all running from the explosion. Luckily, no one is following us.

But the oddest thing was Caroline was like a cheetah.

She can run!

And I mean run.

Also Draco is M.I.A.

It was around 8 or 9 P.M. so we found a safe cave to hide in. The sun was already down and it was dark.

Harry and Ginny passed out right away, which left Caroline and I with the fire we had created.

It was silent between us.

The only noise was the crackling of the fire.

I could see she was anxious. Her eyes were glued to the fire and she looked deep in thought.

So I decided to break the silence.

"Are you okay?" I asked nervously.

" I don't know." she said with a sigh. "Its just......I don't enjoy death. And yeah I didn't know Hermione well, but I just don't like it that she isn't here. I mean, look at my cousin. Who the hell knows what he is going through right now! I mean, he goddamn proposed to the girl only for her to die. He won't ever be the same without her. I just don't like to see people in pain."

I didn't respond to her comment.

I just thought. She is right. If Draco falls in love again, he will only be scared for another Hermione. Poor mate.

And then I remembered.

"I saw you do it."

"Do what?" she said with a smirk.

"Fly."

Her smile disappeared and she looked me in the eye.

And for some reason, she scared me.

"I don't know what your talking about." she said, looking back at the fire.

"Y-yes you do!" I responded quickly. A little to quickly.

It was awhile before she responded.

" When did you see me supposedly "fly"." she asked, using air quotes.

" It was about 3 in the morning on Christmas Day."

She smirked a little as her hand grasped the necklace around her neck. It was the necklace I had given her for Christmas.

And she looked stunning with it on.

For the funeral, she wore a long black dress with black flats. Her hair had a nice wave to it, even though it was short. She looked beautiful.

" Oh." she responded quietly.

" Would you mind telling me what that was all about? "

Caroline's ( POV )

Oh shait.

He saw me.

Flying!

How could I have been so careless?

I'm such an idiot!

So there I sat, probably looking like an idiot, with the guy I liked staring at me.

Ugh.....

" Well?" he said.

" Well I uh......" I mumbled quietly.