seven

"I'm gay." Harry whispered, trying to force it out of himself. "I-I'm gay, Draco." When I said nothing, it must have worried him because his eyes started to frantically search mine. "Draco, say something. Fucking say something. Anything. Please." He begged. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding.

        "It's okay, Harry." I placed my hand on his shoulder. "It's okay. Calm down, I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon." I pulled him in for a tight hug, which he accepted happily. I felt him shaking, he was crying. "Shh." I shushed him. "It's okay, Harry." I whispered in his ear, hugging him tighter. After a few more minutes, we let go and just sat there in silence. "Why would you think I would have ran? Harry, you're my best friend. You couldn't get rid of me if you tried." I half-joked. Harry's eyes twinkled with a hint of laughter.

       The rest of our day was full of walking around, joking around, and lying around Harry's house. I spent a majority of that time thinking. About life, about Harry, about the dare. About everything. Harry seemed to notice because every time I zoned out, he jumped over and lightly slapped me to bring me back to reality. "Wakey, wakey, Draco." He would say, smirking. "Are you okay?"

         "Kind of?" I mumbled, confused. I started to look away to avoid eye contact. "Can I ask you a question, Harry?" When he nodded, I took a deep breath and just the question pour out. "How did you know you were gay?" I breathed out with a worried look. Harry's eyes widened and we locked eyes. 

           "I guess, I've just always known. I'm not really out to anyone besides you, honestly. I guess, the way I figured it out was the way my heart skips a beat when I think about boys and not girls." He explained with a concerned look on his face. "Why do you ask? Are you confused?" I rapidly shook my head before pausing and nodding, defeated. "Let me ask you a question. Are you a virgin?" My eyes widened to the size of dinner plates and looked at Harry. "There's a method to this madness, calm down." He laughed. I took a breath and shook my head. "Okay. When you had sex with a woman," He paused to shudder and I chuckled at him. "when you had sex with a woman, did you enjoy it?" I thought back to it. It was a one night stand with Pansy Parkinson at a party, which sparked her current obsession. I shook my head. "Have you ever thought about a male friend in a sexual or romantic way?" He asked. I thought back to the other day when I saw Harry shirtless and nodded. "You might be gay, Draco." He stated. I sighed, looking down.

         "Fuck."