ten

Weeks went by without any interaction between Harry and I. Every time he saw me, he would glare at me and ignore me. I sat alone in every class as well as lunch. I spent my weekends sitting in my room staring at the ceiling. I haven't talked to anyone since that day I punched Blaise. Everyone texted me multiple times asking why I snapped, but I never answered. It was a cold Sunday morning and I sat in my room with some hot chocolate, wrapped in my favorite blanket.

        "Draco, you have a visitor!" My mom called. Frowning, I brought my hot chocolate with me as I went to check the door. Standing at the bottom of the stairs was Harry Potter. "You can go on up, sweetie. Draco's not been himself, lately." She whispered just loud enough. Harry nodded and walked up the stairs, spotting me by the landing. We walked into my room and shut the door, silently.

          "H-Harry." I whimpered. He shook his head and sat down on my bed, patting the spot next to him. I instantly sat down, sighing. His face was unreadable. "Everything I said to you. Everything-" He put his hand up to silence me. I turned my face away from him, avoiding his gaze.

          "I know." He whispered. My eyes widened and I looked back at him. "I know you meant everything you said. I know about you trying to back out of the dare." He muttered. "Zabini told me last night. He told me that he wouldn't let you and that you punched him. I had never been so angry at someone before in my life. Not even when I was mad at you. I may or may not have slammed his head into a wall before leaving." He chuckled to himself. "I haven't forgiven you fully, but I don't like being mad at you. I want us to still be friends. At least, as long as you want to." He sighed.

         "Of course I want to, Harry. I hated you being mad at me. As soon as you and I started to actually become friends, I tried to back out of the dare. Four separate times. I didn't want to make the dare in the first place. But Zabini wasn't about to let me back out of a dare. I meant every word that I have ever said to you, Harry. I actually am struggling with my sexuality right now. That wasn't part of the dare. I am so confused about everything." I cried out, placing my head in my hands.

         "It'll be okay, Draco. Everything will be okay." Harry wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me close. My heart was pounding. "I'm here." He whispered, kissing my forehead as I started to cry.