**twenty**

BEFORE I START: WE JUST HIT 1K READS IM SCREAMING I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH ;-;

ALSO: The final chapter of Dare is here, and I'm not okay. It's dedicated to @rosieella  because they're amazing ;-;

_________________________________

        "Wake up, Draco! We have to get ready." Harry's voice was both melodic and annoying at half seven in the morning on New Years Eve. I knew he was right and we had to get up, but I was too comfortable. "I made pancakes and coffee." He bribed. That was enough to boost my energy, we got up and went down to eat. "What time are the guys going to be here to get everything ready?" Almost as soon as Harry said that, there was a knock at the door. "Spoke too soon." He laughed and went to get the door.

         "What's up fuckers!" Blaise greeted, jumping into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and continued eating my pancake. "Potter, do me a favor. When you guys are done in the kitchen, go out and do something for a few hours. Come back around half four. Everything will be ready by then." When Blaise finished, Harry nodded and started to do the dishes. I helped after I finished eating, then we got dressed and left the house. We drove around for a little while, trying to decide what to do.

       "What's open on New Years Eve?" Harry thought aloud. We kept driving around until all of the sudden it was noon. "Should we see a movie?" We ended up seeing some cheesy romantic comedy because there wasn't much else in the theater here. "We still have an hour and a half." He muttered.

        "Food." I exclaimed, driving off to the nearest eatery. We got our food and sat down to talk. "Are you excited for the party?" I smiled. Harry nodded happily. "Good. I've got some surprises up my sleeves for tonight." Winking, I took a sip of my drink. Harry blushed, but brushed it off. "We should get heading out soon. Blaise will shoot us if we're late." I muttered. When we finished eating, we left the restaurant and drove back home. The house was decorated outside as well as inside. The music could be heard from the driveway, but not further than that. I could tell Vince and Cedric were testing playlist ideas. When we got inside the house, Greg and Theo pointed to the kitchen where Blaise was. We walked in to see him setting out refreshments and creating his own concoctions. "What do you have?" Quickly, he threw together a purple-looking shot and handed one to me and another to Harry. "What's in it?"

       "Called 'em Captain America. It's Captain Morgan and that new Mountain Dew.S.A soda. Try it. Totally tastes like grape soda." He laughed. (authors side note: my friend Jon actually made this a thing and its gr8) Harry and I looked at each other and shrugged before downing the shots. It didn't burn as much as I thought it would, it was surprisingly smooth. "Good, right? Right, so nearly everything is ready. Except for your outfits. Go change. I've left an outfit on your bed, Draco. I've left one on yours as well, Harry." He smiled. We nodded and did as told. The outfit Blaise had picked for me was to boost my confidence. Black skinny jeans, a tight white t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. I slipped the clothes on and put my black Vans back on with it. When I was ready, I stepped out in the hall to check my hair in the mirror. I quickly messed it up so it wasn't as 'perfect' as it usually looked. 

       "Looks good, D." Harry whispered from his doorway, startling me. I turned to face him and my jaw nearly dropped. Harry normally wears baggy clothes, glasses, and sweaters. This was a very interesting turn. Standing in front of me was Harry with black skinny jeans that clung to his legs, a tight dark red t-shirt, and his normal red shoes. He wasn't wearing his glasses either. "Blaise found my contacts in my things. I never wear them." He scratched the back of his neck, chuckling. "Do I look alright?" He muttered, looking down at his feet.

      "Yes." I stated. I walked over and smiled at him. "You look fucking amazing." I winked. He rolled his eyes, blushing. We heard people start to arrive, so we went downstairs together to see the party. The New Years Countdown played on the TV continuously so we could keep an eye on the countdown. It was half eight and the party was in full swing. Harry and I had been drinking, as had every other person that was at the party. I was talking with Harry and some of his friends when I heard a nasally voice behind me.

        "Oh, Dray. You look sexy." Pansy Parkinson. I groaned, turning to face her. "What do you say we go upstairs." She winked. It looked like a potato having a seizure. I shook my head. "Why the hell not?" She stomped. The signature Parkinson Tantrum.

         "Because he's here with me, bitch." Harry wrapped an arm around me and growled at Pansy. Not only was Pansy shocked, but I was shocked as well. "Now do yourself a favor and leave." He smirked at her. Was this the alcohol or was this jealous Harry? Either way it was sexy as hell. Pansy screamed and ran off. I laughed, but Harry didn't release his grip on my waist. He just turned back to his friends, his arm not moving. I didn't mind, I leaned into his touch as we talked to them. He finally let go about a half hour later when he had to use the bathroom. I told him I would wait in the kitchen, which I did. I downed another two Captain America's before he came back. "It's almost midnight." He explained. I looked up at the clock to see it was 11:30 already. When did that happen? Together, we walked into the living room to dance with everyone.

        "Alright everyone. The challenge is finding someone at midnight. Get yourself that New Years Loving, courtesy of us!" Vince shouted over the microphone. Smooth, I thought with annoyance. Harry and I danced until it came time for the countdown.

10... We stopped dancing and looked into each others eyes.

9... My heart felt like it was going to fly out of my chest.

8... I laced my fingers with Harry's.

7... I pulled him closer.

6... He wrapped his arms around my neck, I wrapped mine around his waist.

5... He started to lean in.

4... He closed his eyes.

3... I closed mine.

2... He was so close, I could feel his breath on my lips.

1... Our lips connected. 

      As the rest of the room cheered on the new year, Draco and I were kissing. Fireworks went off and I never wanted to let him go. We finally came up for air and leaned our foreheads together. Our breathing was heavy, but I did it. I finally kissed Harry Potter.  "Happy New Year, Harry." I kissed him again, this time quicker.

     "Happy New Year, Draco. Do you have any idea how long I've wanted to do that?" He muttered, still breathing heavily. I shook my head. "Since the first time I spent the night." He mumbled.

      "You were the reason I was confused, Har." I laughed, kissing him again and again and again. I didn't want to stop. "Be mine. Please." My eyes sparkled with hope and fear of rejection.

       "You don't even have to ask." We kissed and spent the rest of the night dancing away. I finally got what I wanted and it all started with a dare.