epilogue

5 Years Later (New Years Eve 2022)

         "I can't believe it's been five years." Harry sighed, looking at the countdown on the TV screen in our shared apartment. Our dog, Pugsy, was sleeping on the corner of the couch. I nodded, wrapping an arm around Harry's waist. "It took us the better half of that year to admit we had feelings for each other." There were 20 minutes left on the countdown. "Remember when we took the trip to LA? We had so much fun. I loved every minute we spent there together. Just because I was with you." He pressed a quick kiss to my lips. I smiled. Blaise and his girlfriend Ella walked in from the kitchen, smiling. We hugged them both quickly just as the doorbell rang. I kissed Harry and went to get the door. Standing in the doorway were James and Lily Potter as well as my parents. Everyone walked in and we got ready for the countdown.

       "Harry, can I speak to you?" I asked as the countdown reached the moment I needed. He nodded, confused. We stood behind the couch as everyone started to count.

10... I looked in to his eyes, smiling. He was confused.

9... I kissed him quickly.

8... I looked at our parents, who nodded enthusiastically. We finally got James on board a few months ago.

7... I reached into my pocket.

6... I told Harry I loved him.

5... He asked what was going on.

4... I shook my head, smiling.

3... I took the box out of my pocket.

2... I got down on one knee.

1... "Will you marry me?" 

       "Yes, you idiot!" Harry exclaimed, pulling me up for a kiss. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me until he couldn't anymore. I put the ring on his finger. "I love you. Happy New Year."

        "Happy New Year, I love you too."

The End