fourteen

"Draco," Harry sang as I answered the phone. I laughed. "What are you up to today?" It was Christmas Eve. "I was thinking, if you weren't busy, that we could do some last minute Christmas shopping. There's gotta be some massive sales and we're bound to watch someone get hurt." He sounded so excited and I couldn't help but laugh.

      "Now that sounds like my kind of holiday. Let me just get dressed quick and I'll swing 'round to pick you up. Okay?" I smiled. When I got a confirmation from Harry, I hung up and walked over to my closet. I pulled on some black jeans and a dark green sweater with black and silver stripes. I happily grabbed my wallet and keys from my nightstand, shoving them quickly in my pocket before running down to the kitchen. "I'm gonna go shopping with Harry. I love you." I kissed my mom on the cheek before going out to the car and driving to Harry's. I had barely pulled up to his house when he sprinted out to the car. He looked angry as he got in and shut the door. "Har?"

       "Sorry, I'm okay. I promise." He sighed, putting his seat belt on. "Can we go?" His eyes glistened with tears and I nodded, driving off. We drove to the mall and didn't talk about it. We didn't talk about the tears, we didn't talk about the angry parents standing in the doorway as he ran to the car. We just didn't. We bought hundreds of dollars worth of things. For our friends, our families, and secret gifts for each other. We went out to eat at Harry's favorite restaurant. I wanted to do anything to make him smile. When I went to bring Harry home, he turned fearful. "C-Can I stay at yours tonight?" I nodded.

        "Anything for you, Harry."