Chapter 23

Sin's P.O.V

"Do we have an agreement?" The pale, faceless man asks, tone so even that not even a ball would roll if placed on it. His stature, his tone, his presence all make me feel pathetic compared to him. Compared to all of the Creepypastas, he makes this feeling worse. Maybe because he could use his tentacles to tear me apart any second he wanted.

"Yes." I mutter, not happy with what we have to do, but knowing it's the only way. I stand as he does, following him out of his office and back to the living room. The chatter stops as we walk in, silence filling the room. Everyone is in their CreepyPasta form, and I'm able to get a good look at everyone. It takes my breath away, and I have to hold back a shiver that wants to rip through my body.

"Jeff, Masky and Hoodie, contact the others to come home and meet us here." Slender says, and they nod, pulling out their phones and taking off outside. Of course Jeff can't do it without griping, mumbling underneath his breath as he walks away, something about "The tree's acting all big" and "It's only because something isn't." And whatever else. Slender's tentacle rears itself back and smacks right across Jeff's cheek, the red standing out against the white on his slit cheek.

"Sin, please, sit down and prepare yourself." Slender says, motioning towards the chairs and couches with a hand before returning to the kitchen. I eye the seats, spotting one between Nat and Liu, and one next to BEN. As I'm about to choose, Nat rushes over to me and pulls me to the seat next to her by my wrist. She places me between Liu and Her, and immediately starts pummeling me with questions.

"What did you talk about? Why do we need to bring everyone here?" She asks, and I open and close my mouth like a fish out of water, trying to grasp the correct words to say. BEN suddenly stands up, stalking out of the living room and into the kitchen. My eyes follow him out, only breaking away from him when he goes out of my sight.

"It's just... You'll see soon, trust me." I say, eyes downcast to the floor. I look up in time to see Nat and Liu open their mouths in protest, but a look cuts them off. "Please, don't. You'll see what's going to happen, trust me." I say, and they nod. I relax back into the comfortable faux leather couch, a sigh escapes me. The future is uncertain now, more than it has ever been. A loud sound, a thud possibly, sounds from the kitchen. I jump, pushing myself further into the couch. Someone's probably angry, and I can't help but hope it isn't because of me.

BEN stalks out of the kitchen, gaze locked onto me. I tense, maintaining eye contact somehow as he walks over to me. He reaches down towards me, and I flinch, not being able to help it. His hand retracts for a second, hurt flashing through his eyes the same way fear flashed through mine. He reaches down with both hands, picking me up bridal style and carrying me over to where he was siting down before hand. He sits down, sitting me down in his lap, and I cant help but tense up. Even more so as he rests his face in the crook of my neck, probably smearing blood on me. I cringe, my face puckering up, not showing the fear hidden in my eyes. I make eye contact with Nat, then Liu, and I give them both a tense smile, but I manage to hide the fear in my eyes from them. Liu tenses, about to jump up, when Nat stops him. I would be angry, considering I hate the position I'm in, but it's probably for the best.

"Sin?" BEN mumbles, tilting his head so we can see each other. I hum in response, lost in my thoughts. I feel comfortable in BEN's arms, safe almost, but at the same time I feel scared, threatened, like he can hurt me in a split second. And he could, he has. I don't like him, but I also do at the same time. I hate him, but I don't. I'm frightened of him, but I'm also not. Does that make sense? Probably not, but that's the way I feel. But one things certain. I want to be able to trust him, to confide in him, but I know I can't. I'm not that stupid. Why would I trust someone who's part of what I consider my enemies team? I wouldn't and I won't. At this time, I won't even trust Nat. Even as much I want to.