Chapter 29

Vee's P.O.V

I wake up with a yawn, my sight blurry. I feel a kiss on my forehead and I smile, looking up at BEN. He smiles down at me, happiness shining in his eyes. Then it falters, fading from his eyes.

"Sin?" He asks, and the temperature drops. I sit up, looking at him. Giving him a small smile, I respond with a hum.

"Why did you run?" He asks, and I tense the slightest bit. He notices, eyes going hard. He stares at me, waiting for an answer. I think, wondering what answer would be appropriate. What answer could be appropriate? None, no answer is appropriate, not when you're talking to a killer.

'You're a killer too.'

No, I'm not. I didn't do it because I wanted to, I did it because I had to. I didn't have a choice.

'Everyone has a choice, and you made your's~ But you shouldn't blame your deadly actions on others, that could end badly~'

Wait, what? How could that end badly? And what's with the stupid sing song voice?

'Plenty of ways to do treason. Plenty of ways to die. Plenty of reasons to do treason. Plenty of reasons to die.'

'Love can be strong, but hate can be stronger. We'll see how long love can keep him anchored. I would hurry though, he looks impatient.'

'I wonder how long it would take him to snap.'

I look up, making eye contact with BEN. He's struggling to wait, eyes growing harder by the second. I gulp.

"I... I felt trapped. I was scared, not of you, but of my future. So much had happened, I just didn't-" He stands up, turning away from me. He paces, still turned.

"So, you're saying you don't trust me?" He growls, and my eyes go wide. He stops, just in front of a wall, still turned away from me. I gulp, scared. He breathes heavily, seemly barely controlling his anger.

"N-no, it's not that! I just meant that-" His hand flies out, breaking through the wall. I jump, scared out of my mind. I pull my cover over me, hiding behind them like a child does when they're scared of the monster under the bed. I look for comfort, a feeling of safety within the covers. I search desperately, but can't find any.

It's much scarier when you can see the monster.

"Don't lie to me Sin." He snarls, turning around but not looking at me. I flinch, scared. I just woke up from being shot, and now this is happening?

"I do.." I start, stopping and taking a deep breath. Lying wont get me anywhere, so maybe the truth will set me free. "I don't trust you BEN... As much as I like you, you scare me BEN. You terrify me when you're like this, I don't like it..." I trail off, my voice shaking. He looks up, making eye contact with me. His eyes soften when he sees the fear on my face. Fear caused by him. He slowly walks over to me, and I scoot backwards. He reaches out to me, and I just look at him. He reaches out, bending down, and hugs me. Tense at first, I soon give in, hugging him back.

"I'm so sorry..." He mutters into my shoulder, and I nod, leaning into him. He makes me happy. He terrifies me. He likes me. He makes me sad. He makes my day.

I like him.

I'm falling helplessly for this devil, losing my sense of gravity and floating off into his grasp. Loves blind they say, but you would think that it would have common sense.

"I don't know why I did that Sin, I'm so sorry." He whimpers into my shoulder and I hold him tighter, whispering that it's okay. That I forgive him, because I do.