Chapter 27

Sin's (Vee's) P.O.V

The black fades into yet another familiar setting. Slowly I stand up, taking in my surroundings, eyes wide. I'm in a bed room with light blue walls. Three twin sized beds are placed against a wall, while right across from them is a big dresser, an averaged sized closet, and a bin of toys. The beds are dressed with dark sheets and a beige cover with flower patterns sewed on with dark blue thread. Each bed is topped off with one pillow, the cherry on top of the incredibly plain sundae.

Two little girls, one with short blonde hair and one with short brown hair, sit on the floor together playing with Barbie's. They giggle, having a fashion show with the dolls. Sitting on the bed furthest away from them is a little girl with long black hair who's drawing with crayons.

Vee sits there silently, doing her best on her drawing. I walk over to her, looking at her drawing. Its a photo of three people. In the middle is what's suppose to be her, and her little stick figure is holding hands with two faceless stick figures. My heart breaks at the sight, and I recall this day vividly. I sit on the bed and look at 3 or 4 year old me. Her big blue eyes stare with intensity at the photo, and her eyes water up. Memories flood back to me, one I already knew and ones I had locked in the back of my mind taking ahold of me. My eyes water up, and I'm thankful that I didn't have to relive the events that led up to my 4 year old state.

"Hey!" The blond shouts, and Vee's eyes snap to her. "Why don't you ever talk?" She asks, and I watch as Vee shrugs, not seeming to care. But I know she does, I know what she is feeling, because I've already lived through it.

"Whatever, you're weird." The blond, Cindy if I remember correctly, sneers. She has a bad attitude for a 5 year old in a orphanage. Vee's eyes water up, and a sad feeling envelopes me. Vee grabs her paper in her hands and crumbles it up into a ball, her eyes watering up. The brunette girl laughs, her crooked teeth flashing in a evil little smile towards Vee. Emily, that's her name.

A light knock sounds on the door, taking Vee's attention away from her drawing. Cindy yells for them to come in, and the door opens to reveal our caretaker, Mrs. Dera. Vee smiles at her as she walks in, and Mrs. Dera smiles back at me.

"Hello girls, I do hope you all are behaving yourselves. Please excuse me for interrupting, but someone wants to speak to Miss Vee." Vee winces at her own name, and I can't remember why I hated my name so much. Vee stands up, fixing her dark blue dress and takes Mrs. Dera's outstretched hand. Mrs. Dera grins once again, and Vee gives her a smaller smile back. They walk out of the room hand in hand, and I follow behind them, taking in the sight of my old orphanage. It was different from the usual orphanage, but that was fine. Normal is boring.

"Are you excited Vee?" Mrs. Dera asks, and Vee responds with a small nod, too nervous to speak. I was excited, this was my one chance to get away. If I knew what I know now, I wouldn't be excited. Not in the least.

We enter the dining room, where I see a beautiful woman with long blond hair and a man with dark brown hair sitting together, dressed in what I would consider formal clothing. The woman beams at me as I walk in, and the man gives me a small smile. Vee immediately likes the woman, but the man puts her on edge. The man put me on edge. I didn't trust him.