Father Daughter Day

(Cameron's POV)

Karalyne's birthday is tomorrow and I don't know what to get her or what to do. She is 11, it's crazy we adopted her 2 months ago and now it's her birthday. I decided to go upstairs and talk to her about it see if she would give me any hints about what she wants. I knocked on her door and opened the door and saw her dancing and jumping on her bed screaming the lyrics to One Direction. "You looks so beautifullll!!" she said and then noticed I was there. She quickly turned it off and said "It is not what it looks like." she said which made me laugh. "Your not in trouble I just wanted to talk about your birthday." she looked at me and looked like she didn't want to talk about her birthday. "Oh, that's tomorrow right?" she asked me. "Yeah, aren't you excited?" I asked her with confusion. "Oh- uh yeah I guess but I don't want anything, I have everything that I want in my life right now so yeah." she said looking at me with sadness in her eyes. "What's wrong because I have never heard a kid say they don't want anything for their birthday." she looked at me with a fake smile. "Well, congratulations you finally heard one kid say it." she said to me while laughing. She looked at the ground then me again. "How about we hang out today and have some daughter and dad time?" she looked at me and gave me a hug and nodded her head. I left the room so she could change but, I could tell something was up and I will get to the bottom of it.

(Karalyne's POV)

I hate birthdays, to be honest. I don't enjoy them and I have never really had a birthday, I mean if you call being beaten to death on your birthday and then sent to the basement without food all day on your birthday. I didn't want to talk about it either because on my 4th birthday my father tried to rape me so I don't like to have or talk about my birthday. Me and Cam are going to have a dad and daughter day so this will be a good day I hope. I decided to wear a gray sweater with some black jeans and uggs with a messy bun.

 I decided to wear a gray sweater with some black jeans and uggs with a messy bun

I went downstairs and saw all the guys sitting on the couch watching T.V. "Hey where is Cam at?" They all looked at me and pointed out to the garage. I went to open the door but I heard him talking to someone so I kinda ess-dropped on his conversation. "Yeah, I will but we need to make sure she is safe because her father knows where she is." "Sounds perfect around 10 p.m. tomorrow, okay thank you bye." He hung up the phone and started walking towards the door so I pretended to just be walking in and on my phone. "You ready kiddo?" he asked and I nodded my head and he took my hand to the case with all of the penny boards. "You sure you wanna wear that it is literally 105 out?" I just looked at him and just nodded. He gave me my custom penny board with all of the boys and me's picture on the back of it. We grabbed our penny boards and started skating down the street to Starbucks. "YASSS, Starbucks!" I yelled with a Puma face. He laughed at my reaction and went inside. "What you want?" he asked me "Um probably Hayes specialty." He laughed and ordered our drinks. Of course, Hayes specialty is a Carmel Frap but, we call it that because it is better to say. We got our drinks and started penny boarding to town. We got to the skate park and no one was there so that was a good thing. "Go ahead try it out." He said and I kinda giggled because I don't think he knows that I am a pro at penny boarding at a skate park. I went and started to do flips and go down ramps and went back to Cam with an amazed face. "H-h-how?" he asked I kinda chuckled. "Well, when I was at the orphanage they had penny boards but, they wouldn't allow me to use them but I always snuck out and came here and I guess I just learned myself." I said and he just smiled at me. "Well, I'm glad my daughter is a bada** at penny boarding." he said laughing I just laughed with him. We went to the Mall and went to the Van store of course and got some other stuff. It was 9 already and we decided to go home. "Hey, dad I'm gonna go to the Hollywood sign." I told him and he nodded his head. "BE HOME BY 11 OKAY!" he yelled so I could hear him. I nodded and started skating down there I took the secret path. I finally got to the top and saw no one there so that's good. I put my penny board on the ground and climbed up to the top of the H. I saw the city and it was beautiful at night. I was tired of holding in all of the feelings so I let them out. I hated crying in front of them because I feel weak. I looked at the time and saw it was midnight. "SH**!" I yelled and climbed off of the H and started penny boarding home. The lights were one that means they are up. I texted Shawn and told him I was here just let the guys know I was upstairs. I sneaked in through my patio that I have and climbed up the ladder. I fell on the bed and instantly fell asleep until someone opened the door shining the light. "Shawn what are you doing." I said and he came and sat by me. "Where were you I got scared." he said and I instantly felt bad. I saw his puffy red eyes. "I was at the Hollywood sign, I was supposed to be home by 11 by I forgot about the time and sat there for a while just thinking about stuff." I said and gave him a hug. "Please don't cry it makes me feel like everything is my fault please don't cry." I said and he just gave a tighter hug. "Come on let's go snuggle in my room." he said getting up and carrying me into his room. The guys came up stairs and pretended to be asleep. "Wait how is she here?" Shawn told them everything and I kinda bit his arm and he winced a little bit making me laugh a little bit. "You okay man?" he asked him and I was trying my best not to laugh out loud. "Yeah I just got a pain in my leg it is okay man good night guys." "Goodnight." they all said and went back downstairs. We walked into his room and he shut his door. "Oww what was that for?" he asked me holding his arm. "You weren't supposed to tell them, Shawn." He looked at me and then started tickling me. "O-okay s-s-s-sorry." I said between laughs and he stopped and hopped in bed with me and I put my head on his chest and fell asleep together. "I love you, Shawn, you know that right?" I said and he looked at me and smiled. "I know you do but, I love you so much that I love you like your my own daughter." He said which made me smile and blush. "Goodnight 2nd dad love you."  I said and he smiled back. "I love you too daughter." he said and we both fell asleep holding each other.