Chapter Twenty-Seven

2 days.
It's been 2 days and I haven't seen Ian yet.
I missed him so much.

It's summer break.

summer holiday and I am supposed to be planning to go somewhere on my own as I usually do every year.

But this time I don't want to go anywhere.

My mom is alone and the doorbell rings so I have to go to open the door.
It's probably my mom's friend.
I open the door and then walk away. I don't want to see anyone so I am avoiding every kind of friendship.
I should be happy because school is done but instead I am so depressed because school was the only place where I could see Ian.

"What are you doing?"
I heard a familiar voice who calls me.
I turn around and i jump seeing Ian.
He giggles and asks "what's wrong?"
I sit on the sofa scoffing.
Is he pretending he doesn't know the reason why I am sad?!
"You are leaving. I won't see you for like 3 fucking months and then you will probably look for a job whereas I'll go to the collage. We won't see each other anymore. But Cool. Good for you."
I confess
And he laughs lightly.
"Asshole" I say and pull him away.
He ""falls"" from the sofa and pretends to be hurted. "Ouchhh" he screams.

I roll my eyes.
I hold his hand in order to help him to stand up but instead he makes me fall on the floor with him.

He laughs louder.
"Weak Lele"
"Weak? Your arm is like twice my arm"
We both laugh and I realize how much I love him, how much I love his laugh, his smile.
Everything he does.
he is the only one who can cheer me up but at the same time he also has the power to make me feel sad. My mood depends on him.
I hate this feeling.
And if this unknown thing is what love is.
I hate love too.

"Anyway.. I am going to spend my holiday in my little house in the mountains.. it's my special place."

I look down at the floor and whisper "okay.... have fun" I try to fake a smile.

"We will " he says smiling.
"We?" I ask looking at him right in his eyes.
"Yes. Wanna come with me?"
"Are you kidding?" I ask while he stands up and then he walks towards the kitchen.
"I am not. If you want to come. I will be very glad." He says and opens the fridge.

I close the fridge and stand in front of it so that I can look at Ian right in his eyes.

"If you are not kidding... i would definitely love to."

"Really?" He looks a little bit surprised but then he smiles.

"Y E S" I kiss him and hug him at the same time.

"Okay so it's not a very big house, it's mine and I go there every summer so I barely know everyone there. That place makes me be so happy. I don't know why, maybe thanks to my neighbors that are a family with two 6 yo children that I literally adore. And if you don't like to stay there we can go to the cityside or...."

I interrupt him and say" I can't wait to go to stay with you there then"