34. Should I?

Vanessa's POV:
One of my moms best friends runs her own restaurant.
Earlier on I gave her a call to ask for a private table and she said she knew the prefect one.

To be honest I didn't want people to see me with Shawn as it would kill me to hurt Aaron.
However, equally I can not wait for some serious, intimate time with him.

As we drive to the restaurant,I feel Shawn's eyes on me the whole time.
When we finally arrive I tell the waitress my name and she smiles.

"You two are in our private dining room." She says leading us up a magnificent staircase into a beautiful room with a glorious balcony featuring a delicate table for two.

"Vanessa you did not have to do this" Shawn gasps in awe.

"Your first number one?
Yeah I did"

He turns to me and puts one hand on my waist.
As he leans in I hesitate. God I want to kiss him but should I?

"I will leave you to it" the waitress timidly interrupts. "It's all electronic, just type in your order" she says and flees the room.

I step back.
Then I go over to our seats and gesture for Shawn to join me. He coughs uncomfortably and takes a seat beginning to scroll through the menu on the iPad in front of us.

"This is pretty cool" I say breaking the awkward silence.

"I can't believe it. This stuff is crazy" Shawn says not looking up.

We eventually both order through the iPad and are given a notification telling us that drinks will be up shortly.

"Vanessa this is really too much" he says rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hey Shawn look at me" he hesitantly locks eyes with mine. "Anything for you okay?"

I see his eyes soften and he bites his lip.

"Don't hate me" he says standing up and taking my hand.

"I never could" I respond quickly as he pulls me to my feet and in a few seconds...