Chance ~1

*Jack POV*

"We're going back to America Baby!!" Jack exclaimed, jumping up from his seat. Finally, he kew that he was finally going home.

Jack was a young independent 19 year-old, whose parents had died when he was 15. He was living his life as it came. He is a third-class citizen, as he always has been.

*Your POV*

"Oh, must we go to America?" You spoke in disappointment, an unimpressed look swept over your face.

Being a first class citizen wasn't the glamourous life everyone perceived it to be. In all honesty, it wasn't the life you wanted. You wanted a life that you couldn't predict where tomorrow could take you.

 Being in your rank, you were wealthy, incredibly wealthy. Your parents brought you up in America but moved to England. But soon after your 19th birthday your parents were involved in some sort of business accident in America, which had caused their death, meaning that their funeral was to be held over in Wisconsin.

You were never a fan of big ships or ships altogether, the whole idea of the Titanic didn't appeal to you personally. The land seemed much more trustworthy than sea did.

The Chauffeur halted the carrige to a stop. You slightly adjusted the curtains, a streak of sunlight trickled into the cabin. You quickly took peek at the large boat which rested on the gentle sea.

"Proud? M'lady?" Cal gloated.

"Hmm... astonished may not be the suitable word. Let see.... rather disappointed."

Cal immediately became more aggravated. He was too very rich, on your mothers and fathers will, it said that if you weren't married at the present time of their death, you'd have to marry a wealthy man with the name of Cal Hockley, his parents seemed to be in some sort of buisiness affair with your parents. Like your father always said, "Business is family, you cannot control what it determines in your life."

You were very sceptical of Cal ever since you had first met him, he was rude, complete disrespect and temper issues. You disliked this man's attitude towards everything, especially the supposedly lower class people.

Cal got off the car and walked around to your door, he extended his hand out towards you. You politely took his hand but locked your eyes on the ship, avoiding making any possible eye contact.

Stepping off of the final step, you paced towards the bridges which connected to the Titanic and the land. Yes, you had to admit, it was a marvellous creation. Its immaculate design had no possibilities of failure. Your eyes trailed the sides of the ships, from the tiny circular windows to the boats attached to the sides, must be the rescue boats, you thought.

"Please out the way! Look out!" A voice shouted behind you.

You turned around to see who was making a commotion, as you quickly felt a force which caused you to lose your balance, resulting in you falling to the ground.

 Opening your eyes, you scanned the body who was under you.

"Agh sorry Miss, I ..." The stranger locked his eyes into yours.

You looked at eachother for a couple of seconds, until the silence broke.

"Oh, how improper of me, please excuse me." You got up, brushed yourself off. Politely, you offered him your hand to help him up.

"Ahh, the names Dawson, Jack Dawson, ah, apologies Miss...?" He smiled, his eyes still locked in yours.

"(L/N), (Y/N) (L/N), and it should be me apologising kind Sir. I wasn't paying attention."

"Titanic is leaving the dock. Final Passenger boarding door to the eastern starboard closing in five minutes." The Door Man shouted.

"Oh (Y/N), we gotta board the ship," Jack grabbed your hand, leading you through the crowd of people farewelling their relatives and friends. The final connecting bridge soon became clearer, as you both quickly ran up the steep little ramp. You both entered the doorway. 

"Jack, will we meet again?" You asked, intrigued by this man.

"(Y/N), I'm sure of it." He gently kissed your hand, releasing it, he turned and walked down through the hall. The Staff and Passengers were running around everywhere in every direction. either confused or filled with a sense of exploration, you started walking off in some direction.

"Miss (L/N)?" A Maid tapped your shoulder.

"Yes, that's me." You were relieved that she could be able to be of some help.

"Well, Miss, let me show you to your room."

"Oh that would be splendid," you smiled, relieved that you didn't have to spend ages walking aimlessly around.

Walking through the maze of rooms, you the room "14," you assumed that Cal was already there waiting for your arrival. Maids and Workers entering and exiting the room with paintings and bags. There he was, standing in the corner of the room, observing the workers who were constantly entering and exiting the room. With a single movement, he signalled all the maids and workers to leave. 

The room quickly emptied, as all the women and men left in a hurried rush.

"(Y/N), where were you?" Cal sipped his wine glass.

"I was involved with an incident." A shiver crawled down your spine, but you still straightened your posture to show you weren't scared. Cal stood up as he walked across the room to you.

"Oh, stop with the ridiculous excuses. You halfwit! Just an incident you say. You unfaithful imbecile! You were with another man!"

"Calm down Ca..."

A loud clap was heard, as slight "oof's" were heard from outside the room. His hand quickly swiped across your face, leaving a strong stinging sensation. 

"You are my fiancée. You will be my wife in a short amount of time, and you go get involved with other men! Look at me when I talk to you!" He shouted.

His yell was like a thunder, angrily, he grabbed your shoulders and shook you.

"How dare you treat me like this!" You challenged, shoving him away, releasing his grip on your shoulders.

"How dare I?" He scoffed, "How dare YOU!" Enraged, he picked up a painting as he threw it across the room.

You turn to the door, but Cal clutched onto your arm.

"Don't you dare run away from me! Obey me, woman! I tell you!" Cal forced, his eyes were dark, full of malice and evil.

But that's exactly what you wanted to do, run away from him, and from your life.  So you pushed him away again. But this time stronger. Cal lost his balance, as he fell onto the Sofa, he was taken aback by your power and the audacity you had to defend yourself.

Taking the opportunity, you ran off, out into the maze of rooms, as fast as you could.