Ch. 7: Nightmares

Normal update day for this book stays the same, which is Wednesday!

Jack wakes up seeing the wing of the plane and the clouds as well as the ocean. He smiles a little and than sits up slightly expecting for Signe to be right next to him, but she isn't. In actuality, he is the only one in the cabin.

"S-Signe?" He stutters. He stands up, letting his blanket fall into the seat. He moves out into the aisle, nearly tripping over his own feet as he does so. He moves his hair from his sleepy eyes, as he looks at the seats seeing people's things there but themselves not physically there. "Wh-What.."

"Y͠͡o͞u̵̧ ҉͡c҉a̧ńn҉ǫ͘t̷ ̴e̴s̸c̛̕á̶p͘͘e̕ ̧̕m̕e̛͟,́͘ ̴̧J̨̢a͠c̡͟k̸.̛ ̶Y̸͏o͘͡u҉r͜ ̕f͜a͜ǹ͢s͢͞ ́w͜a҉̵n̴͝t͘ ̸̶ḿ͜é.͢͝." A glitchy voice said. (You cannot escape me, Jack. Your fans want me.) Jack turns around quickly, backing away as he sees a copy of himself with green eyes and the right eyes bleeding with blood on his neck, sitting in Signe's spot. Jack absentmindedly moves onto the other side of the plane. Anti chuckles. Jack trips and falls between seats. He yelps and than sits up.

"Where's S-Signe?" He asks. Anti stands up.

"Şh̀͢e͟ ̵l̵e̶̵f̵͏t̨͏ ̛͜y̛o͝u͞ ̕̕b͞e̵͜c̸a͜u͜s̀e̸̢ ̛s̢̨h̢e͢ ͜n͘e̕v͞ęr͜ ̶̢ĺ͜o͟͞v͜͟ȩd̴ ̀y͠o̕͝u͟.́͠ ̧͡." Anti said. (She left you because she never loved you.) Jack's eyes widen, then he shakes his head.

"No. No she...she wouldn't do that to me. She--" Anti suddenly appears in front of Jack and grabs him, yanking him up halfway.

"Y̢͝o̸̶u̷̕ ̸s̨a͠y͝ ́t͘h̶̢a͡t̀͢,҉͢ ̡͝b̸u̴͡t̡̕ ̸d̡̕ǫ͞ ͞y̕o͠u̴ ͝f̡e̸è͢l̡ ͜t̸ḩà͘t̸?͟ ̨͜" Anti asks. (You say that, but do you feel that?) Jack stares at Anti in his eyes. 'Oh course she...she...' Jack thought before tears welt up in his eyes. Anti pushes Jack to the ground as the plane suddenly starts to dip down. Anti stands up straight and folds his arms across his chest as Jack stays laying at his feet. Anti chuckles and than kicks Jack in the stomach. Jack cries out and puts his arm around his stomach.

"Sean."

"Y̶̧o̧͘u̷̢ ̶ça̶ǹ'͘t̶ ̶͝e̶͟ńd́u͠ŕ͘ę ͜t̵͜h͟i͟s̛̀ ̵́f̷o҉̸r̢͜ ̕͢l҉o͟n̨͡g̶!͡ ̧I̧'̴̨l͏̀l̢͟ ͡͝b͜͜e͏̡a͏t͢ ̢̧y̸̴ó͜u̶ ̸t̡̀i̛l̛҉l͏ ̀̀I̵ ́͠g͏҉a̡͜i̵͟n͢͞ ͡ç̢o̧͘n͏t̷r͘o͢l̸ ̧͏o͜f̴͟ ̴y̛o̡u̷!͡ ̶̵" Anti laughs. Jack groans in pain as he squeezes his eyes shut.

"Sean, wake up!"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Jack jolts awake, meeting Signe's worried eyes. Jack looks pass her seeing the plane wing in the window and that is it nighttime. Jack undoes his seat belt quickly. Signe grabs his arm.

"Sean--"

"I-I'm fine, I j-just um..." Jack stuttered before he got up and stumbled into the bathroom. He locks the door and than shivers in pain. He lifts up his short seeing a bruise forming on his stomach. He lets out a shaky breathe and than looks at the mirror seeing his was crying in his sleep. He turns on the sink and than splashes his face with water. He looks at himself in the mirror. He shakes his head and than winces, a stabbing pain in his stomach, he puts his arm around his stomach. "Ughh." Jack groans. He leans against the sink, his head hanging low. 'Anti...he kicked me in the stomach and now.....no...' Jack thought. Jack shakes his head. 'No...Anti isn't real..he's just something the fans made up...he's not real!'

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Signe turns arounds, not seeing Jack so she sits back down in her seat, shifting impatiently in it. Than Jack sits back down in his seat beside her, trying to hide his aches and winces. She looks at him.

"Are you okay? You were freaking me out." She said. He nods.

"Just..Just a bad dream." He said. Jack looks out the window that is beside Signe. She leans back slightly.

"We land in two hours. You slept through most of the flight." She said. Jack nods and leans down slightly, as much as his stomach can take and grabs his headphones and a PSP.

"Okay." He said.

"Not sleeping anymore?" She asks. Jack shakes his head slowly.

"No. I'm good for a while at least." He said.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Mark grips the steering wheel. Amy and him are driving to go pick up Jack and Signe from the airport in a car they rented, at 3 in the morning. Amy looks at Mark noticing his knuckles turning white.

"You okay?" She asks. Mark glances at Amy and than back onto the highway. 'Jack wants me to keep his secret, he should tell Signe though. And Robin told me about his concerns for Jack, and being Jack's editor...he'll notice a lot.' Mark thought. Mark sighs.

"Yeah, just...have a lot on my mind right now. Its nothing to worry about right now though." He said. Amy takes his hand and squeezes it and Mark just takes it, irking her. 'Okay, this isn't just nothing. He would tell me instead of pushing me away like this and he almost never pushes me away. He always let me in.' She thought.

"Maarrrkk, this isn't like you." She said. Mark leans back in his seat.

"Like me?" Mark asks. Amy suddenly turns off the radio.

"What's going on, Mark? You can tell me anything. Just please, what's going on?" Amy asks. Mark's eyes look over at her and back onto the highway. 'I dunno what to expect when I see Jack and Signe, especially Jack.' Mark thought.

"Um...Its Jack. Something is wrong with him, health wise." He said.

"What makes you say that?" She asks. Mark moves his other hand on the steering wheel as well.

"Robin told me. His latest Anti edits seem too real." Mark said. Amy leans back in her seat, looking at Mark.

"Too real is good right?" She asks.

"Not these ones. He thinks Jack might be very sick and isn't telling us. And I talked to Jack as well, he said he doesn't feel like himself and I joked in saying everyone would want him healthy, not dying and he said he doesn't think he is dying." Mark said as he looks at her. Amy stares at him for a few seconds and than looks away.

"That doesn't seem good. What do we do?" Amy asks. Mark sighs.

"I don't know. This is Jack we are talking about...He hates it when people worry about him. Well with how he has been acting lately, his fans are worried too. They think something is wrong as well." Mark said. She looks at him.

"You should talk to him, alone. You're his friend, he'll tell you." Amy said. Mark sees the airport sign and switches lanes till he gets off the highway, heading to the airport. Amy leans in towards Mark. "Mark, I'm serious. This doesn't sound like Jack and if he won't tell Signe, maybe he'll tell you." Mark looks at her and than at the road. He smiles a little and nods. He slips his hand on her thigh again making her smile.

"Alright. I'll try talking to him tomorrow about this." Mark said. Amy sighs and looks at Mark.

"No. When he gets into this car, Signe and I will be in the back and asleep because I'm tired. You'll talk to him than." She said. Mark looks at her and than in front of him.

"Okay, when he gets into the car." He said. She smiles. She leans over and kisses Mark's cheek, he smiles and rubs her inner thigh making her smile and her cheeks turning a pink hue. She feels her heart race. She puts her hand over Mark's and puts her fingers through his. Mark looks at her, noticing she is staring at him with this weird look in her eyes, he looks back at the road. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Amy smiles.

"I'll tell you when you are older." She said before she turns back on the radio as Mark blushes.