Ch.10: When Things Start To Fall Apart

Jack leans against the wall, his hand is resting on his bruised stomach, he's backstage currently at PAX. Waiting to go on stage. Jack takes a deep breath, full pain manifest throughout his belly and into his chest. While he could hear the crowd reacting to his video that Robin and him made.

(Panel Intro for PAX West for his panel...It is pretty damn impressive and I would recommend headphones or earbuds. And another thing, I ain't gonna go ahead and write out an hour long panel because a lot happened, go watch it on YouTube if you would like to see it because it is a funny panel. My favorite part is the whole pineapple pizza argument between Jack and Mark and as well as the OverWatch argument between Jack and a fan)

Than after the intro, Jack made his way inside and is immediately shocked at the amount of people. He chuckles and as the panel goes on, his chest starts to hurt along with his belly. After the panel, Jack sit down immediately. Signe going beside him and smiling.

"Hey, that was great." She said sitting down beside him. Jack gives her a small smile, the two of them get up and leave, walking around.

And after a few minutes, Jack needed to sit down. Signe looks at him, noticing he is turning pale. She touches his forehead, not feeling a fever but his skin is clammy.

"Sean, hun, are you alright?" Signe asks. Jack puts his arm around his stomach and groans. "Do you have a stomach ache?" Jack takes a few deep breaths and than he nods. Signe grabs his shirt and lifts it up, her eyes widening instantly seeing a giant bruise on Jack's stomach. "O my god, how did..how did this happen? Sean--" Jack's hand touches her hand, his vision blurring as a dizzy spell takes over him. Mark and Amy come up to them.

"I...I didn't think...it was this big of a deal." Jack said honestly. Signe looks worried at Mark.

"He needs to go to the hospital or something." She said standing up. Jack gets up onto his feet, only to faint into Mark's arms. "SEAN!" Mark falls to his knees catching Jack.

"Sh*t. Jack!" Mark said. He shakes Jack and sees the security rushing over towards them. Mark lays Jack gently on his back. Signe falls to her knees beside him.

"Sean. Sean, wake up!" She cried. The security comes and Mark tells them what happened making them call for paramedics while other guards come and make room by moving the crowd away. Signe puts her hand on Jack's cheek. "Sean, hun, come on. Wake up." Mark lifts up Jack's shirt and covers it back up so the crowd doesn't see. Mark looks at Amy who moved beside him.

"He has a giant bruise on him. It could have broken something, whatever hit him and made a rib pierce something. You guys only just landed last night though." Mark said as he looks at Signe. Signe has tears on her cheeks making Mark move over Jack and pull her into a hug. Signe grips Jack's hand as the paramedics come. Signe, Mark, and Amy went with Jack, and when they finally got to the hospital; they all were in the waiting room, waiting for news of any kind. Signe had her face in her hands and Mark was talking to Bob and Wade and Felix about what was going on. Amy shifted in her seat, nervously. 'He didn't seem like he had a health problem. He really didn't, he looked fine this morning. Although, I don't know Jack that well enough to say that.' Amy thought. Amy gets up and goes over to Mark when he hangs up. Amy touches his arm with her hand.

"You okay?" Amy asks him. Mark looks at her and shake his head. Amy puts her arms around his neck, letting him rest his face into her shoulder and his arms around her center. She kisses his cheek. "Everything will be fine."

"I should have listened to him, I didn't." Mark said lifting his face up. Amy meets his eyes.

"This came out of no where, Marky." She said. Mark's eyes drop to the floor, Amy wipes tears from his eyes. "Listen, he'll be okay. They'll fix him up." Amy looks over at Signe as Felix and Mariza come. Amy looks at them. "What are you guys doing here? What about PAX?" Felix walks pass the two and other to Signe. He sits beside her and rubs her back. Signe lifts her face from her hands slightly and looks at Felix. Felix gives her a smile.

"Jack will be okay, he's tough." Felix said. Signe puts her face into Felix's shoulder and he puts his arms around her. (You know..I don't see many stories with Felix being a nice guy..)

"He won't wake up, that's what they said." Signe cried. Felix looks over at Mariza, Amy, and Mark.

"He'll be okay." Felix said to Signe. "Has he ever broken a promise before, Signe?" She lifts her head up and shakes it. Felix smiles a her, wiping the tears form her cheeks. "Exactly. He'll be okay, just have faith in him. And don't worry, after this, we all are going to interrogate the hell out of him." Signe smiles a little, but loses it when she looks over at Mark. She stands up.

"Why didn't you tell me what was going on, Mark? He told you." Signe said. Mark looks away fron her, not answering. Felix stands up.

"Mark, what did Jack tell you?" Felix asks. Mark looks at them.

"He told me Anti was real....But that's insane. Anti is fictionally." Mark said. Signe looks at the floor for a few seconds and shakes her head.

"You don't live with him, none of you do, his behavior has been strange and...I saw green in his eyes when he woke up from that nightmare on the plane. I didn't think anything of it because I thought I was seeing things, but maybe he was telling you the truth and you just turned him down when he needed us." Signe said. Mark looks at the floor and Amy looks at Signe as she takes a step towards Signe.

"Don't go blaming Mark for this, Signe. We all are Jack's friends and we should have known something was wrong with him. So don't go pinning the blame on Mark when everyone is to blame." Amy said. Amy looks back at Mark with concern and worry spread across her face. She touches his arm and whispers something to him. Signe sees a doctor and nurse come out and she takes a few steps towards them.

"Is Sean okay?" She asks quickly. The doctor nods.

"He had two broken ribs that one of them must only have recently punctured one of his organs which not only caused his blackout but caused him to not be able to be woken up." He said. Signe looks at the floor and Mark moves towards them a little.

"Options? What can you do for him?" Mark asks

"Surgery, immediately to fix the punctured organ and he since he cannot be awaken....I assume you all know what that is called." The doctor said. Signe's eyes widen a little. Felix moves beside Signe, his hand moving on her arm.

"Yes we do and go do the surgery right now." Felix said. The doctor nods and they both leave. Signe covers her face with her hands and Felix turns her around and hugs her. "He'll be okay, they are gonna fix him up." Signe puts her arms around Felix's center as she buries her face into Felix's chest. Mariza comes over to them, Felix kisses her forehead and puts one of his arms around Mariza. Mark looks away from them, Amy being his focus, and Amy seems to be keeping it together well while Mark just can't. 'This...This feels like Danny all over again.' Mark thought. Mark sits down in a chair and Amy goes beside him, holding his hand as she rests her head on his shoulder.

"It will be okay, stay positive." Amy said trying to cheer him up. Mark looks at her and kisses her head making her smile.

"I know, it is just hard." He responded.