Ch.21: Mark's Weakness being her

Mark couldn't tell, he couldn't move or speak or anything. His strength drained from him, his head hurt so much and he could fall something warm touching his hand. He could hear crying, but....it was hazy. His eyes open, he only saw darkness. He was on his knees, so he looked down at his hands, expecting something there, but there wasn't anything there. He stared at his hand, the crying fading from his hearing.

"M-Mark, no. No! Stay with me, you'll be okay!" A voice screamed in the darkness. Mark stared at his hand, hearing more voices, hearing various machines and felt a jolt in his chest. He just stayed staring at his hand, he felt numb, like it was gone. An arm wraps around his neck, he doesn't look to see who it is, but he heard their voice in their ear.

"Mark...I'm trying to let you live, Mark. But you are letting yourself die." The voice said. Mark didn't move, he stared at his hand, missing the warm feeling. He felt cold, and he hated it. He wanted the warm feeling back, he felt the jolt again, but this time he reacted. He looked up, staring into the darkness in front of him. The person walking beside him. "Jack is in trouble, Mark. Anti has a full body possession on Jack now, and Jack can't do anything to save himself." Mark looks beside him, he looks up. 'D-Darkiplier.' Mark thought. Dark looked down at Mark.

"I may not like this, but in order for me to carry out anything, I'm gonna need your help. So do yourself and Amy a favor." He said. Mark looked down in front of him, hearing a long beep again. "Mark, you are letting yourself die."

"MARK! NO! COME BACK!" A voice screamed. Tears fall down Mark's cheeks.

"I-I...I don't---"

"I know. But is that fair to Amy? To your fans?" Dark asks. Mark stands up, stumbling as he does. Mark faces him.

"Since when did you ever care about me? All you have ever done for me is be an annoyance until Jack and Signe came to Boston." Mark said. Dark looks away from Mark, he crosses his arms.

"I kept my distance, because of Antisepticeye. Anti caused Jack's injury and was able to weaken him to the point he couldn't fight back anymore. So now, the person Signe and your friends are with isn't Jack. They are with Anti and they are in danger, if you let yourself die, they will too and Jack will get convicted or murder or murdered himself. Do you really want that?" Dark asks. Mark looks at the floor, thinking.

"Of course not. But what can I do? I..I can't even wake myself up." Mark said. Dark rolls his eyes.

"Geez, why do you doubt me so much?" Dark asks. Dark grabs Mark's wrist, Mark felt his strength returning slowly. Mark closed his eyes, he felt his grip leave, then something pulling him and his eyes open, jolting awake. Mark pants heavily, Amy and a few nurses grab him.

"Mark! No, stay still honey! Stay still!" Amy cried. Mark looks at her, he was in a daze, but she pushed him back into place, she smiles. "O, my god. Your heart wouldn't restart." Amy held his hand, while Mark was trying to recollect himself. The nurses did checkups on him, marking sure he was completely okay. While they had their doubts, they unhooked a few machines from him. Mark closed his eyes, turning his head as he winced. He touched his head feeling a nauseating amount of pain burst through his skull. Amy looked at him, worried. 'I never want to go through that again.' Amy thought. Mark squeezes her hand, her eyes connecting with his. She smiled seeing his smile on her. She kisses his cheek. "How do you feel?" The nurses and doctor leave, leaving them alone. Mark looks at her as she sits on the bed beside him. He rests his head on her shoulder, making her smile.

"I'm tired," Mark said. Amy wipes her tears off her face, squeezing his hand.

"Sleep, we're going home after you've been released from the hospital," Amy said. Mark picks up his head, looking at her. "And don't argue with me. I almost lost you for good, Mark. We're going back to California, to get you proper help before....you fall into another coma." Mark's eyes soften, he kisses her head.

"Sweetie--"

"No. Don't sweetie me," Amy said. She gets off the bed, she turns to him, tears falling down her cheeks. "Your heart stopped, Mark. T-Twice. And the second time, you couldn't be revived. Do you have any idea how much of a mess I was? You came back to life on your own. I can't take it, please. I'm scared for you, so please stop thinking of others and think of yourself. Your mom wants to be with you, but she can't. And I would have had to tell her that she shouldn't expect for her son to come home anymore and Chica. She--" Mark takes her hands, pulling her closer.

"O-Okay. Okay. I'm s-sorry. I'm sorry. Please stop crying." Mark said. He kissed a few tears off her cheeks, making her feel better. He pulls her on the bed with him, his arms still around her. "Okay, you win. We'll go home."