Ch. 16: His Warm Embrace

Song is Hold On For Your Life By Sam Tinnesz

I wrote this chapter while listening to this amazing song on loop...

Also, AN EARLY CHAPTER HAS APPEARED! AHHHHHH....sorry..I'm okay now...i felt bad because last chapter was so short..but hey!

Word count for this chapter: 1171

But fair warning that I'm not that good at writing romantic scenes..and no, it does not turn into smut because I ain't writing that. There are just some things that should never be written and that is one of them.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Mark stumbled down the hallway, Amy looked at him concerned. Mark leaned against the wall, trying to keep himself on his feet, but he felt like he would fall over. She went to him, her hands touching his arms as he saw the concern in her eyes. He tried to give her a forced smile, but he couldn't do it. He felt sick, he felt like he would have fallen if she wasn't there to support him on his feet.

"Mark, you okay?" She asks. Mark nods, but he groans as the pain rippled through him. He gripped his hair, Amy pulls him closer to her. "Mark..."

"I'm okay, I'm fine." Mark lied. Her hand runs down his arm and her hand entangles with his. Mark flinched, feeling her warm hand in his made him smile and dull his pain. He stepped closer, resting his head on her shoulder. 'I know, this will only make her more worried about me, but I...I don't know.'  He thought to himself.

"Are you not eating again?" She asked him but he did not respond to her. He wanted to hold her for a while, that had always made him feel better when he had his usual pains and aches. Amy pulls on his hand, pulling away from him completely. He whined, missing her near him. She looks at him, she smiles a little at him. "What?"

"You're warm." He said. Mark pulls on her hand, his arm slipping around her waist as he pulled her towards him. Amy presses her forehead against his, smiling at him. Mark kisses the top of her nose, her cheeks blush. She giggles at him and rests her hands on his neck. He smiles, she feels her back touch the wall.

"Get a room." Someone said, Amy looks down the hall, she sees Signe smiling at them before she went to check on Jack. Her hands run down from Mark's neck down to under his shirt, touching his bare sides and back. She smiles, her finger tracing curves in his back. She closed her eyes, resting her head under his chin. She could hear his heartbeat, a steady thump in her head that made her feel calmer. His strong arms, wrapped around her was something she had always loved. She let herself relax in his embrace. She listened to his steady heartbeat in her head, forgetting the world around them.

Mark smiled, he knew that Amy loved his arms around her, it was something that had made her feel better no matter what. He wanted to stay there for hours, forgetting the worries and stressful situations. But he knew it would not last. He could feel her hands exploring under the fabric of his shirt, he didn't care. He loved it, the burning sensation that pulsated through him from her touch was addicting. For the moment, all his pain melted away, he smiled again, he hugged her tighter trying to make it last. But he head started to get to him, ruining what special moment they had. "Amy," Mark whispered. Amy's eyes open.

"Yeah?" She asks. Mark put his hand on his head, the pain becoming too much for him. Her hands lower from under his shirt. "Are you having your headaches again?" Mark nodded. She took his hand into hers and lead him to the guest bedroom. He sat on the bed as she shuffled through her purse, pulling out a pill bottle. "I'll get you some water, I'll be right back." She sets the bottle on the nightstand and leaves. Mark's eyes shift over to the bottle, tempted to take it and take every last pill. He looked away, ashamed. His hands fall into his lap, Amy came back with a glass of water. She stopped in the doorway, looking at Mark. She walked pass him, opening the bottle up. 'I shouldn't have left this here with him, his pain is getting worse and I'm afraid that he would get desperate to end it.' Amy thought. She looks at him, she pulls out a pill and puts the bottle away, hiding it. She sits down next to him.

"Here." Amy said to him. He took the pill, she took the cup from him and put it on the nightstand beside her. "Is the pain worsening?" Mark lays down, he buries his face into the pillow.

"Yeah." He answered. Amy lays down on her back beside him, she moves her fingers between his and holds his hand.

"Mark, can you please get an x-ray?" Amy asks.

"Why?" He asks confused. She sits up, he does as well.

"What if it is a tumor? Your headaches only get worse with a few side affects that my brother had when we found out he had a tumor. And your father--" Mark puts his hands on her arms.

"Calm down...calm down..Amy....I'm fine." Mark said. She shakes her head at him.

"That is what my brother said to me as well and he was lying to me." She said. Mark stared at her for a few moments, thinking.

"Would it make you feel better if I did?" Mark asks. She nods.

"Yes. Yes it would." She said. Mark's eyes drop to stare at their hands. Amy slips her hand onto his neck, pulling his forehead against hers as their eyes connect. "I'll be will you every step of the way....okay?" Mark stared at her eyes, they felt comforting to him. Mark gave her a small smile before he responded.

"Okay."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Okay I usually suck at writing romantic scenes...but how was that? I feel like I did good...

But now that I wrote this, I wanna watch That Dragon, Cancer....But I don't think I have the emotional capacity currently to handle that sob story...especially when Mark and Jack started crying in their playthroughs...

Darkiplier....Hmm...I love the responses from that shadow on the wall behind Mark. Darkiplier isn't like Anti. Anti is f*cking insane. Anti loves hurting others, in my point of view, hence why Jack is so abused by him. And Darkiplier, for me at least, seems more mature than Anti. I did watch the videos with Darkiplier in them since I didn't know a whole lot about him like I did with Anti.

Hmm...should I share my opinion or hide it? I think I'll keep it to myself because it might give things away....

What do you think?