Ch. 9: Are You Lying To Me, Sean?

Signe puts her bag on the floor in their hotel room. She looks over at Jack. The room isn't big, but it isn't small either. There is one king sized bed and a table with chairs in the corner, a balcony,  and a tv in front of the bed and also a mini fridge in one corner. Jack is laying on the bed, with his back to her, she thinks he is asleep but actually he is awake. She takes a step towards him, what Amy had said is still running through her head. Signe crawls onto the bed. 'He said he wasn't feeling well..' She thought. She shakes his shoulder lightly, she sees him move.

"Sean, you want to go do something? Maybe that will make you feel better." She said. Jack grips the pillows.

"No, I..I just want to take a n-nap." He said with a quivering voice. Signe stares at him.

"Sean, you okay?" She asks him. He puts his face into the pillow.

"Yeah." He said. She grips the blanket.

"Are you lying to me?" She asks. This time he hesitates, contemplating his answer.

"Y-Yeah." He said. She crawls over him and sits down on the other side so she can see his face this time.

"What's wrong?" She asks. Sean looks at her, he gently grabs her wrist.

"Can..Can you come a bit closer?" He asks. Signe moves closer to him, he puts his arms around her and pulls her down with her back against his chest. Sean presses his faces into the back of her shoulder. Signe puts her hands over his.

"Sean...what happened?" She asks.

"I'll tell you later." He said softly. She almost agrees to that when she remembers how many times he has said that and it never happens.

"No, tell me now because you won't later." She said. She turns in his arms, resting her head on the pillow besides his as her hand touches his cheek and than moves down onto his neck. "Sean...I've had enough of being pushed away, you gotta let me in." She feels his suddenly shaky hand touching her cheek.

"I...I don't know. I...I'm just trying to act like this never happened but I can't. I just feel like I'm gonna lose you because of th-this..." Sean said as his voice went shaky as the end. Signe presses her forehead against his.

"Sean......Sean, look at me." She said. His eyes connect with hers. She gives him a small smile. "I wouldn't ever leave you, you mean a lot to me too and I love you but Sean. Please...I'm the one person you don't push away and you won't let me help you. We came to America for PAX, but now I think you own me some answers." Jack sits up and Signe does as well. Jack looks at her.

"You won't believe me."

"If you tell me, I will." She said. Jack looks away from her.

"Mark didn't believe me when I told him." Jack said. Signe puts her hand on his.

"Mark and them haven't been living with you. I have and you can tell me what's up." She said. Jack looks at her, she grips his hand.

"I-I don't know how to explain it. But...If I act weird and unlike myself...promise me you'll get far away from me?" Jack asks. Signe nods a little but was about to argue when Jack interrupted her. "I know what you are gonna say, Signe. But I don't want you to get hurt, so promise me?" Signe stares at him for a few seconds.

"Ok-Okay. I promise. But I'm going to get Mark and them if that happens." Signe said. Jack smiles a little, putting his forehead against hers.

"Okay, deal." Jack said. Signe smiles and pecks a kiss on his lips. Jack kisses the top of her nose making her smile and giggle. She kisses him and he returns it. But Jack feels her hand touch his stomach making him wince and able to hide it from her. He breaks the kiss and takes her other hand into his.

"Aren't you tired?" She asks.

"Yeah, must have been from the traveling." Jack said. She lets go of his hands.

"I'll let you sleep than." She said. Jack lays back down, but takes Signe down with him flat on her back.

"I wanna cuddle." Jack said softly making Signe smile. Jack's arms rest around her waist as he buries his face into her neck. Signe kisses his head before she closes her eyes.