Chapter 1-Senior Year

Lucy POV

Beep Beep Beep

Ahhhhh! I slam my hand on the snooze button of my alarm and cuddle up to my pillow to sleep for another five minutes.

Beep Beep Beep

Dammit, where did the summer holidays go? Just a few weeks ago Juvia, Levy, Erza and I were planning out our Summer vacation now its over.

I slowly sit myself up. Light is barely shining in my room. It's still way too early but I need to catch that damn bus.

I quickly take a shower, do my hair, get dressed, steal ten dollars from dad and head out the door to my bus stop.

I meet up with Juvia, Levy and Erza at the bus stop. All ready and good to go for school and I rock up half asleep and miserable. Good to know that some people like the mornings.

"Heyo" I say yawning afterwards. They all look at me with big and bright smiles.

"Heyo Lucy" They say in unison.

Levy is blue haired, short and academic. She is incredibly competitive when it comes to grades especially when it comes to Gajeel, a guy who is way more physical and confident than she is.

Juvia has blue hair like Levy but a bit darker. She talks as though she is narrating her own life though which is weird but I don't judge.

Erza has red, fiery hair and is the tallest out of all of us. She is very strong and athletic and has almost mastered all martial arts. So she is the most physical of the school.

These girls are the only people I really know from school. I mean I can put faces to names in the school but I do have trouble. I've only been going to Fairy High for a year.

When we arrive at school we are expected to go straight to the gym and wait for teachers to inform us of what classes we are in.

We head down the long corridor talking of our vacation and the memories we made. We are just about to enter the gym when I hear a yell.

"Hey! Look out!" A guy in a shopping trolley comes straight towards me. Of course everyone else gets out of the way in time but of course my reflexes aren't working to the best of their abilities.

I jump, the trolley clips my ankle and runs straight into one of the corridors walls. The boy in it is flung forward and face plants the wall then falls to the floor.

My ankle is in so much pain. I think I may have twisted or something. I look down to see how bad it is and see my ankle bruised, bleeding and half the bone sticking out , well I might be exaggerating a little but it is quite bad. Great way to start the first day back at school I reckon.

"Are you ok Lucy?" Levy says rushing to my side.

"It looks broken" Says Erza glancing over Levy's shoulder.

The boy that was in the trolley rushes over to me. "Oh shit I'm so sorry...." His voice trails off as he looks towards my eyes. His eyes are a deep brown and very beautiful.

"It's ok, ill be fine" I say trying to break the awkward silence between us. I try to stand but I am unsuccessful.

"Here let me help you" says the boy. His pink coloured hair slightly covering his eyes. He offers me his hand.

"Juvia and friends will help Lucy" Says Juvia almost protectively.

"No please, let me. I'm the reason this happened, ill escort her to the nurse" He is genuinely trying to make up for the damage. He is incredibly kind unlike most guys.

"If its ok with Lucy then fine but don't go damaging her anymore" Says Erza who is also being protective. Why are they being like this? The group all look down at me and wait for a response. I sit there in a daze almost forgetting to say something.

"U-uh yeah sure. I don't mind" I say slightly stuttering and taking up his offer.

He lifts me up onto my feet effortlessly and puts my left arm around his neck, securely holding onto my wrist, while putting his right arm around my waist.

We start to walk through the school slowly. I realize that there isn't anyone else in the corridors. Its either too early for others to be here or they are all in the gym. Its just me and a guy that I think has broken my foot with a shopping trolley.

"Natsu Dragneel" He says catching me off guard. "That's my name....what's yours?"

I am still a bit startled by his sudden introduction and it takes me a bit to answer him. "Lucy, Lucy Heartfilia" I say.

"Oh so you were that new chick that started here last year, right? I haven't seen you round much. I'm pretty sure we had chemistry together last year" He says as if he has known me for a very long time.

His name isn't familiar but I don't say anything about it anyway. I stay quiet and keep staring at the floor as we walk.

Nothing is said from then until we get to the nurses office. "Here you go Lucy" He says emphasizing my name. "Sorry again about earlier. Maybe ill see you later" He says with a big cheesy grin on his face.

"Yeah maybe" I say smiling at him and waving goodbye as he leaves.

I lay on the bed in the nurses office. Well that was exciting, I think to myself.

Natsu POV

I wave to Lucy as I leave the nurses office and start heading back down the corridor to retrieve my shopping trolley. I walk at a nice and relaxed pace with my hands behind my head.

"Natsu Dragneel to the office please, Natsu Dragneel" The principals voice announces to the whole school. Oh great!

I head to the principals office obediently. While I'm walking I start thinking of that girl, Lucy. Her soft blond hair and her pretty brown eyes, her sweet voice and pale skin.

She was really nice.

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter minna. The next will be another couple but they might not progress as fast as these two did.

Till next time minna. Shiro_Yuki out.