Chapter 7 - Getting to know you

Lucy POV

I wait impatiently outside The Guild, a four star restaurant. I consistently fidgeted and played with dress while waiting for Natsu to arrive. I was also getting tired with holding myself up with my crutches.

"Sorry I am late" I hear a yell from someone running towards me. I look to me right and see Natsu red faced and out of breath.

"Its ok, don't worry about it" I say smiling to him.

He escorts me inside and we get taken to a private table towards the back of the building. It is peaceful and we are the only ones sitting in that area. There was a long silence before Natsu made the first attempt in conversation.

"So you were new last year right?, was that because your dad wanted you to come to the same school he was the principal at?" He asks almost nervous to bring it up.

I think about the question not even knowing the answer myself. "I'm not sure, it kind of just happened. But I guess you could say that was one of the reasons" I say with a slight giggle.

"Dad wasn't too harsh on you for punishment was he, he tends to take me into account a lot more than I like him to" I say feeling guilty. My dad always gives harsh punishments to those who do anything bad towards me.

"I only got a few detentions so I guess he was alright, I mean I've had worse" Natsu says with a nervous laugh. There is a silence between us again.

I casually look through the menu as if I'm not fused about the silence but I am. Why are we both acting this way? Its not like we are on a date, or are we? Oh great, I've known the guy for five seconds and we are already going on dates. I have dug myself a whole so deep it'll be almost impossible to get out of.

"Hi I'm Macao and I will be your waiter for tonight. Is there anything you would like to order" The waiter is now standing beside our table. He has dark hair and looks to be in his mid to late 40's.

"Ah yeah ill go with the spare ribs, steak, chicken fillets and the potato salad thank you" Natsu says without smirking at his own joke. That is a lot of food, what if he can eat that much? That hole I'm digging is getting deeper and deeper by the minute.

"Ill have a ceasar salad thanks" I says politely then the waiter walks off to place the order.

"Ok I have an idea" Natsu says as if he has come up with the greatest invention of all time. I look at him and wait for him to continue.

Natsu POV

Lucy looks at me and waits for me to continue. "We should ask each other random questions about each other. We don't know each other and we are alone at a restaurant so what better time to get to know someone" That sounded so childish. Now I'm making myself look like an idiot as well as a pig. I really need to think about what I say before I say it. I can't read the expression on her face but I think she is thinking.

"Sure, why not?" She says almost too happy to have something to talk about.

"Ill go first then, what's your favourite colour" I say not even waiting long for her to respond.

"Blue. What is your favourite animal?" She asks. I have to think about this before I answer.

"Mythical, I would have to say dragon. Non-Mythical.....a cat" This goes on for a while which starts up other conversations. We end up learning a lot about each other and I think.....nah nevermind.

We walk out of the restaurant and head towards the car park where Lucy's dad should be picking her up.

"Thanks for tonight Natsu. I had a lot of fun" She says staring at the ground smiling.

"No problem, I had to say sorry for the other day some how" We find ourselves standing still facing eachother.

There is a tense moment between us. We look into eachothers eyes and say nothing. We both lean in a little, I'm not even sure what we are doing.

Beep Beep.

A horn of a car is heard and the moment is gone. Lucy freezes and points in the direction of the car. "Sorry but I have to go" She says almost guilty to have broken up the moment.

We smile to each other and go our separate ways. What would have happened if we weren't interrupted? The thought scratches at the back of my mind the whole way home. I don't know if I want to know the answer though.