Chapter 39 - Igneel

Natsu POV

Lucy pushes me towards my front door. I knew she was stubborn but I didn't think this stubborn. I turn around and look at her. She stands there with her arms crossed and a serious look on her face. I still continue to look at her in disbelief of what she is making me do, this is ridiculous.

"Well come on Natsu, get a move on. I don't have all day" She says making a swaying motion with her hands as if to muster me into the house. I stand my ground though. I ain't going in there to do anything she suggests.

"So lets go do something else then. I know you rekindled with your father but I don't want to do that with mine. Heck i'll even beg and plead for Erza for forgive for what I said today then do this. My father choose not to be there and I no longer want him to be" I firmly state to Lucy who still doesn't seem fazed by my choice of actions in the situation. To be honest I think she saw this coming and planned around it.

"Natsu I know you're hurt by what he did but that was then and this is now, get over yourself and forgive him. You don't realise how much you are hurting yourself by doing this let alone him. He is probably beside himself to think that he made you this upset to leave"

"He obviously doesn't care that much if he left the note in the damn cookie jar. As I said it took me a week to find that. Why would you leave a note in the cookie jar?" I say in utter disbelief.

"With the amount you eat isn't it obvious why?" Lucy says as if it was the stupidest question in the world but I still have no idea.

"No, don't normal people put notes on the bench and the fridge?"

"You're not normal. Any way back to the matter at hand. Natsu you need to go in there and talk it out without yelling. Show some empathy maybe. Understand his side of the story. Hug and eat some cookies when your done. Just don't throw away a relationship with your father." Maybe Lucy is right but my 'dad' doesn't deserve an understanding child after what he has done. It hurt to think my father no longer wanted me.

"Luce, I don't even think I could bring myself to do it" I say in complete seriousness. Even if I did want to do something about the situation I could bring myself to talk about it with him.

"Well, i'll be right behind you. So don't worry about it or you will syke yourself out" she joking says. I turn to the door and then to Lucy again. She gives me a reassuring smile and I make my way into the house.

"Dad, we need to talk"

Lucy POV

It was a bit awkward at first between the two. Natsu then opened up quite a bit and there was quite a bit of understanding between the two. It's nice to see Natsu and his dad get along, i've never seen them together on any other circumstance but i'm sure it would have been very tense between them if they hadn't talked it out. By the end of the conversation I sure them both begin to smile. I was proud of Natsu for finally getting his act together to talk to his dad and i'm happy I pushed him to do it.

"Dad, this is Lucy by the way" Natsu says introducing me to his father.

"Nice to meet you Lucy, I'm Igneel." He extends his hand towards me and I kindly accept the offer and shake his hand.

"She is my Fiance" Here we go again.