Chapter 44 - Shopping trolleys and nurses

Lucy POV

Natsu and I decided to do syudy at my house after school today. He seems really nervous and also incredibly eager. Yhis prom thing has really taken its toll on the boys. Maybe Levy was too great of an actress.

"Hey Lucy do you want to go shopping trolley racing?" Natsu unexpectedly asked me. I look at him and sure enough, he isn't joking.

"No not particularly and anyway remember last time you paticipated in that activity. I ended up with a fractured bone on the first day of the school year" I say in disbelief that he would even think of doing such a thing. I personally wouldnt be surprised if he forgot about that first day of the year.

"Well then do need to go see a nurse? Are you sick?" Natsu begins to bombard me with  all these different questions and I am left there utterly surprised.  What has gotten into Natsu?

"Natsu if anything you are the one who is sick at the moment. Whats with all these questions?" Natsu and I hold eye contact for a while. Not blanking and moving the focus of our eyes to another object, we just sit therebfor a couple of minutes. Then he shrugs and mouths 'nothing'. "I highly doubt that"

"No I truely have nothing wrong with me." I highly doubt that too but im not going to say anything at this moment. It's easy to tel he is lying though because he has that look on his face asbif trying to be innocent and macho at the same time. Then I have an idea.

"If I let you take me to a nurse, will you tell me whats going on?" His face lights up, he nods, picks me up bridal style and carts me off and out of my house.

Somehow we end up at our school and then in Miss Strauss' history class."Nurse" Natsu calls and Miss comes out with a makeshift nurse costume on. Alright, now im a bit weirded out.

"Ok Lucy lets take a look at you" She legitimately just looks at me and then continues talking. "Well Lucy you look great and thanks to your boyfriend Natsu you can stay that way. If I were you I would definitely go with him to the prom"

Miss Strauss then winks and walks off, leaving me with my mouth agape and Natsu smiling with self pride. What the hell is going on? I look over to him for an explanation.

Natsu then takes a straight back stance infront of me as if getting ready to do a formal speech. "So Lucy as you know the first day we met, I had run you over with a trolley and then rushed you off to the nurses office. Afterwards I felt really guilty and intrigued by you so I asked you out on a date to the guild. It was a bit awkward at first but then we started to click, I guess. Months went by and we hung out more and more, became a couple, skipped a couple of classes and overcome some big obstacles.  The best part of this year though was proposing to you and you agreeing straight away. You helped me with the problems with my father and we succeeded in getting both of our dads to agree to our marriage. Its been a hectic year but it has been by far the best year of my life and it all started with you. So what im trying to get at here is a two part question, firstly I would like to formally ask: Will you Lucy be my date to the prom?"  Natsu says every word with great passion and im delighted to listen to every part of it. He really did well with this.

"Of course I will be your date to the prom Natsu" I respond cheerfully and before I can get up to hug him he cuts me off and continues.

"Thats great but there is something else I promised to do for you and I want to do it now because what a better time and the whole speech was mainly for that anyway so, what ive really been trying to say is that you are amazing and life is great when im with you so I want to do this properly this time." I cant help but widely smile and get a little giggly because I know exactly what he is trying to do. He pulls out a box from his pocket and gets down on one knee.

"So Lucy, will you be my wife?" He says and with his signature grin thats warms me up every time he does it.

"Of course" I jump off the table im on and jump at Natsu to hug him. We stay like this for a while then I finally let go to put on the ring which has a silver band and a nicely sized blue Topaz.

"This was really great and all but what was with the nurse and trolley stuff" I ask curioisly still not understanding that one particular part.

"Well I wanted to connect this to the first time we met but I didnt really need it in the end did I?" Natsu asks a bit dissapointed.

"Nah but you still did pretty good"