Chapter 48 - Graduation and getting ready for prom

Erza POV

"This is it, this is the end of our school life today. Tomorrow we will wake up and have other priorities. Get a proper job, go to uni, move out of the parents house, live your life as an adult. It's all pretty daunting but isn't this what every kid dreams of? Being independent and not having to go to school? Make decisions of your own? We are expected to adapt straight away even though not long before we had to ask to go the toilet. Well that's what is expected, it doesn't mean we have to follow the rules. We have the rest of our lives a head of us and this is only the beginning. If you take the wrong path, it's ok to go back and start again. It's ok to do something stupid and learn from it. That's what we're meant to do. Nobody's perfect so as I conclude this speech I wish you all the best in the future and don't forget me or anyone else here for that matter because we are family and family stick together. Thank you." Claps fill the assembly room where our graduation where our graduation is being held. I step off the podium and head back to my seat with the rest of my fellow graduates. It feels great to finally graduate but I'm going to miss these guys a lot.

Awards and certificates are given out. A couple of teachers give speeches on how great it was to have us for the past years and Miss Strauss ended up in tears. Not surprisingly. Then we toss our hats up in the air like in the movies and are escorted out of the building. 

Getting out of the building is hectic and everyone is everywhere but the group agreed to meet up at this one particular Sakura Tree that took Lucy's attention. I walk in that direction and eventually see everyone there. All together and happy. It reminds me that Jellal and I could have been like that but his loss.

"Hey guys" I say as I get close to the group. Lucy and Levy instantly come over to give me a hug followed by Juvia.

"You did great with your speech" Lucy comments.

"Hell yeah you did" Levy adds.

"Thanks, lets get a photo eh?" We ask a close by fellow student to quickly take our picture of all of us together on our last day. "That was a good picture surprisingly. I'm going to miss you guys after this is all over" I say getting all teary.

"Oi don't cry, you'll make me cry." Lucy says with a sad smile.

"Damn, is that Titania crying?" Gajeel says which earns him a playful slap from me. "Anyway it doesn't mean we can't keep in touch."

"For once Gajeel is right. Why would we loss contact?" Natsu says which earns a glare from Gajeel which makes me laugh a little.

"Good point" I say wiping away the tears. "Ok now prom, you girls are coming to mine yeah?"

"Yeah but I have to go home and get some stuff first" Levy says.

"Same" Adds Lucy and Juvia.

"Well i'll see you guys when you get to my house and we will see you guys when you come later" I say and they all nod. I wave good-bye and start heading home to get ready. It seems sad the Titania is going to prom a lone but oh well i'll get over myself.

-An hour later-

All of us girls are lined up a long my bathroom bench applying makeup. Prom is in a couple of hours so we can take as long as we like. Almost. But knowing Lucy she might need all that time after all the fussing she is doing over her eyeliner being completely identical. The rest of us just laugh at her which kind of makes it worse but oh well.

After Lucy finally gets her makeup perfect we check out the dresses. Lucy wears a light pink floor length dress with ruffles at the top. Juvia wears a green, floor length dress that gathers at the waist to make a wave effect at the bottom. Levy wears an Orange knee length dress which has heaps of poof at the bottom. I wear a black floor length dress the gathers under the bust and then freely flows under that.

We all look beautiful and by the time we finish admiring each other in the mirror my door bell rings and I order the girls to stay in the next room and i'll tell them when to come out. I open the door and get the guys to stand in a line in front of the door.

"Introducing Lucy Heartfilia, Levy McGarden and Juvia Lockser" As I call their names they come out into the room i'm in. The look on the guys face is so sweet and priceless. I let them admire each other for a bit then place my camera on a table and set the timer so we can take a group photo.

"Alright folks lets head out"