Chapter 20-I love you Levy

Levy POV

"Ahhhhhhh" I throw my phone at the wall and bury my face into my pillow. What is her problem? I thought we were friends.

Lucy is so caught up in her damn relationship that she isn't realising the damage she is causing to our friendship. I thought that we were going to be friends forever, that's what she promised.

-Flashback-

"Hello my names Lucy" I look up from reading one of my all time favourite books to see a blonde girl standing in front of me. Her brown eyes were inviting and her smile full of joy. She must be the new girl everyone is talking about cause I have no idea who she is.

"Hi, I'm levy" I say putting out my hand for her to shake. She sits down next to me.

"What are you reading?" She asks looking down towards the closed book in my lap.

"Mages of Earthland" I say flipping over the cover to show her. She has a surprised expression on her face.

"Thats my favourite book" Her smile becomes wider and we continue to sit there a little longer. The silence is then interrupted by a sigh.

"You're pretty cool you know, wanna be friends?" I look at her in the eyes and I can see she is being genuine.

"Um yeah sure, I guess" I say not really knowing what else to say.

"We are going to be friends for life, I can tell" She giggles to herself.

"Promise?" I ask sounding really kiddish but I have never had a true friend before, I mean I have Jet and Droy but they are over the top attracted to me and that kind of gets in the way of the friendship.

"Promise" Lucy says smiling brightly at me

-End of Flashback-

Not long after that we became friends with Erza who I had known since childhood but she was always by herself and never really talked anyone. Lucy opened up to her which made her open up to us and she turned out to be really nice. The same with Juvia when she first came to Fairy High a year ago.

This isn't how things were have supposed to turn out. We were meant to be friends for life. I guess not all things turn out as planned. I need to get this out of my mind for a while.

I chuck on a jacket and grab my phone to text Gajeel.

To: Gajeel

I'm coming over

From: Levy

Gajeel knows exactly what to do when i'm not feeling the best.

To: Levy

Yeah sure. Are you ok?

From: Gajeel

To:Gajeel

I will tell you about it when I get there

From: Levy

At least outside is nice and bright unlike inside my head. My neighbourhood is surprisingly loud, there are always kids in the street and parties every couple of nights which is quite inconvenient for when i'm reading.

Gajeel doesn't live too far away thankfully. I am almost near my house when I see him sitting on his mailbox waiting for me. It is kind of cute how he does that.

"Were you really that happy to get to see me?" I ask him out of the blue. He jumps a little and then a small blush comes across his face.

"Ha I guess um.... weren't you going to try hang out with Lucy today?" He asks me.

Gajeel POV

"Ha I guess um.... weren't you going to try hang out with Lucy today?" I ask trying to change the subject. To be honest I was looking forward to seeing Levy today, I haven't seen her since the theme park.

Her face becomes sad and she looks down at her feet. "Well I did text her to see if she wanted to hang out but she said she was going to hang out with Natsu. I got angry and said some stuff then she sent back some stuff and cutting to the chase. Lucy and I are no longer friends." She says with a tear forming in her eye.

I jump off from my mailbox and give her a hug. She stiffens at first but then relaxes into the hug and begins to cry a little. I don't like seeing shrimp like this, she is usually so calm and collected.

"Well Lucy is obviously at loss here, you don't need someone like that in your life" I say trying to cheer her up.

"But Lucy isn't like this" She says letting out a few more sobs after.

I get stuck on what to say. I am usually not the one to go to when people have problems but I suppose I've got to learn somehow. Then a thought comes into my head. I grab Levy and I kiss her. It's one of those things where you don't think before you act but I don't think i'll regret this. Levy seems to be enjoying it to and to be honest i've wanted to do this for a very long time.

When we pull away, Levy looks away and begins to blush. "What was that for?" She asks while trying to regain her composure.

"Well I don't like to see you sad and i'm not very good with comforting people so I did what first came to mind" A smile then starts to build it's way onto Shrimp's face.

"A kiss was the first thing that comes to your mind?" Levy says giggling to herself.

"Yeah I guess" I say chuckling too.

"Well thank you" She says looking up at me and smiling. I smile back to her and we have a moment, I'm sounding so much like a girl but it's true. "So what do you want to do?"

"Um that's a good question" I say and we both laugh. I love you Levy.