Chapter 22- Tension

Lucy POV

I lay there getting tickled by Natsu. I kick and scratch but he won't stop. My laughter is now uncontrollable and my jaw hurts from all the smiling and laughing.

"Na-ha-tsu please st-stop" I say between giggles but he ignores my pleads and continues to torture me.

Brrrrr Brrrrr

Natsu's phone vibrates and he finally leaves me alone to check his phone. I lay there panting and exhausted but thankful for his phone to go off.

"Who is it?" I ask curiously.

"It's Gray. We need to get down to the hospital right now" Natsu says with a hint of urgency in his voice.

"Why what's wrong? Is Gray ok?"

"Its not Gray, its Juvia. She got hit by a car yesterday" Natsu's eyes shift to mine. Even though I wish he was, Natsu isn't joking. Worry fills me and my legs start moving with no clear destination.

"Ah how are we going to get there?" My dad isn't at home, he is doing some things at the school to get ready for the new term so I can't ask him.

"I could get Gildarts, my uncle, to pick us up" Natsu says quickly typing a number into his phone and calling it. I stand there waiting impatiently to get to the hospital, I want to make sure Juvia is alright.

"He'll be here in a couple minutes. Gildarts doesn't live too far from here." He says and some relief spreads over me but I won't be fully relieved until I know Juvia is ok.

Wet droplets start falling down my face before I can notice. I'm crying. Natsu sees this and hugs me tight. I begin sobbing even more.

"She'll be alright." Natsu says trying to comfort me but it doesn't work, I'm too scared for Juvia's life that no amount of comfort will do.

Beep Beep

A car honking comes from outside my house. Next thing you know, both Natsu and I are sprinting to the car that is at the end of my front yard.

We get in the car and we are at the hospital within minutes. Quickly hopping out of the car, we thank Gildarts and head to the hospital reception desk.

"Hi how may I help you today?" Says the lady behind the desk. Her hair is short and purple and her name tag reads, Kinana.

"We are here to see a Juvia Lockser" Natsu says politely.

"Third floor, room 311"

We thank Kinana and race to the elevators that are down the hall and press up. The doors open and we step inside. As soon as the elevator begins to move, Natsu is on the ground making gagging noises. Damn, I forgot he had motion sickness for a second there.

I drag Natsu out of the elevator gaining many looks from passers by. Natsu only takes a few seconds to recover and then we are back too looking for the room.

307, 308, 309, 310 ,311! Bingo!

Getting into the room I head immediately for the hospital bed. There lays an unconscious and very scratched up Juvia. Her body seems so lifeless but there is warmth in her hands so she must be fine.

"We came as soon as we could" I hear Natsu say to someone. I turn around to see Gajeel, Gray and Levy standing at the end of Juvia's bed. Levy and I make eye contact and then immediately look away. I don't need her.

"So what did the doctors say?" I ask, turning back to Juvia.

"Internal bleeding, a broken bone or two but nothing too serious thankfully." Gray responds.

There is an awkward silence in the room in which no one dares to break. We all just stand/sit there waiting for something to happen. Then it occurs to me.

"If this happened yesterday then why weren't we informed sooner?" I ask disgusted that I wasn't one of the fist to know.

"Well I only just found out from Levy and Gajeel not too long ago so you found out not long after me." This causes tension between Levy and I. We don't even need to look at eachother to know we were still pissed off.

"Well I wish you had informed me sooner Levy" I say as calmly as possible.

"I'm sorry but I deleted your number so I couldn't have don't that" She responds bitterly.

"Well that was a bit inconvenient, wasn't it?" I respond just the say.

"You know what's inconvenient? Its that's you have no time to spend with me anymore or anyone else for that matter. You are too busy to hang out with anyone but Natsu." Levy yells at me. I stand from my seat.

"Don't you dare start. Natsu is my boyfriend and deserves all the attention he gets. Sorry that you can't help but get jealous of that"

"I'm not jealous, you're just a selfish bit-"

"Whoo hang on. Remember we are here for Juvia not for you two to fight amongst yourselves" Gray says cutting us off. His face is stern and worried at the same time.

"He is right we shouldn't fight here" I say now feeling incredibly guilty.

"You'll fight outside?" Natsu says cutting in.

"Idiot" Gray says while I slap the back of Natsu's head and give him the look.

There is still a tension between Levy and I but we don't dare say another word to each other. We all just stand there waiting for Juvia to wake up.