Chapter 2-Competitive Streak

Levy POV

As that guy takes Lucy to the nurses office we enter and take our places on the cold, wooden benches of the gym. The gym fills quickly with many students of various ages.

Juvia, Erza and I sit there and talk about usual things as we wait for school to finally start. A few announcements are made through the speakers then the bell rings to start school. I think one of the announcements had something to do with a Natsu Igneel or something but who cares.

Last minute students quickly find a seat and the teachers start to file in. They separate the year levels, making some go to different spots in the school but leaving us seniors where we are.

I don't notice till now who is sitting next to me, Gajeel Redfox. Great. When I notice so does he.

"Oh hey shrimp, you ready to get beaten in all the physical subjects this year" He says patting my head. He has long black hair and quite a few piercings.

I swat away his hand and turn away from him saying, "There is only one class that includes any physical involvement and that is sport so my academics, technically, overtake you physical strengths"

He starts to laugh and pats my head again. "What ever you say, Shrimp"

I hate his ignorance. He is such an airhead and how dare he put himself on my level. I know that sounds somewhat stuck-up but its all true.

We all get split into our classes according to our grades and get sent off to our first classes for today. My first subject is literacy which happens to be my favourite subject.

I find myself constantly thinking back to Lucy's ankle though. I really hope she is alright. It sucks that she has had to endure a bad first day back.

"Levy McGarden and Gajeel Redfox to the principals office please" An announcement over the speakers says.

You have got to be kidding me, spending more time with him is one thing I don't want to do right now. I get up and put all my things in my bag and start heading out of Literacy and towards the office.

Gajeel POV

I hear shrimps and my name over the speakers and head towards the office. I wonder what they want us for. I mean we are complete opposites so it isn't like we can help with anything in particular.

When I enter the small and tightly packed office I see that shrimp is already there and she is not happy about it.

"Please sit Mr Redfox" Says Mr Heartfilia, our principal, gesturing to the sit beside Levy. He has short blond hair and a blond mustache. He is in his late forties I think. He is really strict and I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me.

I sit and wait for him to continue.

"Mr Redfox, your grades in the academic classes have gotten fairly low and you are barely passing. Are you aware of this?" I nod in response. Of course I know, I do see my results after every test. 50%, 53%, 48%. It all evens out in the end.

"Well as you know, Mr Redfox, Fairy Tail High is for young adults who are both academic and talented. You are talented but you aren't so much as academic and I would hate to have to expel you from the school" I nod in understanding but I'm not sure where he is going with this.

"Excuse me, Mr Heartfilia" Levy says to get his attention. "What has this got to do with me?" She asks clearly confused.

Mr Heartfilia starts to smile. It seems somewhat evil though. "I was just about to get to that Miss McGarden. I have called you both here to tell you I am setting up a schedule for you Miss McGarden to tutor Mr Redfox" This left both Levy and I speechless for at least a good 2 minutes.

"I do not accept this offer" I blurt out not sure if I really mean.

"Mr Redfox, not once did I say I was offering anything. I said I was telling you this was GOING to happen. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting"

We walked out of the room speechless and unable to move much more. Neither of us were going to enjoy this.

The one good thing about this though is that I get to annoy the shrimp more.

I patted her head and walked off to my next class.

Chapter two all done and dusted. Hope you enjoyed. Remember vote and comment or even go check out my other fanfic 'This is Nalu'

Till next chapter. Shiro_Yuki out.