Chapter Six

I kick the door over and over, ignoring the growing pain in my foot. Suddenly, the door swings open, the boy staring at me with a sly grin. For a moment, I stand in shock that the door is actually open. What do I do now?

"You were banging so hard on the door I would have thought you wanted in," He says, motioning me into the bedroom. When I step in, my eyes dart to Hailee who has been tied to the bed.

"Let her go right now!" I spin to face the boy again.

"I think we both know that I'm not going to kill her," He says, walking to the bed. He gently runs his hand along her arm, making her whimper.

"I actually didn't know that!" I scream, unsure of what to do. I rush to the edge of the bed and try to untie Hailee's ankle, but it won't budge.

"I just wanted to give her something. It's been hers for a while, actually, but it just feels like now is the time to deliver it to her." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a smooth stone.

"What the hell is that?" I cry still trying to loosen Hailee's ties.

"Hailee, if you squirm, it'll only be worse." He advises then grabs her chin, opening her mouth. Before I'm on my feet, he drops the stone into her mouth and quickly clamps it shut.

She starts thrashing and fighting his hold, but his hands only tighten around her jaw, keeping it shut. I run to the boy, but before I can hit him, I'm thrown across the room. With a loud thud, I slam in to the wall.

Unbelievable pain washes through me, and I'm scared to check my skull for blood. Weakly, I stand up and run towards the boy again. After two steps, I'm thrown against the wall by a force again. My head begins to throb, but I can't just listen to Hailee's muffled screams.

"You can't stop me!" The boy yells as I try to stand up again. He turns to look at me, and there is a darkness clouding the green in his eyes. Before I can try to hurt him or respond, Hailee screams a blood curdling scream.

His hands are now off of her face, allowing her mouth to freely open. I run to the opposite side of the bed, afraid the boy may think I'm trying to attack him, and try to soothe Hailee.

"What the hell did you just make me swallow?" She yells, still thrashing under her ties.

"I better go before things get ugly." The boy smiles then walks out of the room. Gathering all my strength, I run out of the room after him, but he's nowhere.

I run to the front door, but it's still locked. Each window in the living room is locked, too. Where the hell did he go?

"Are you going to untie me or not?" Hailee yells, and if I wasn't so scared, I'd laugh. I grab a pair of scissors from the kitchen then go in to the bedroom. After a few minutes, Hailee is free, and I have cut up rope to dispose.

"I'm sorry," I mutter, "for everything. I mean, this shouldn't involve you. I don't know what he wants, but this is getting way too much."

"So, why didn't you call the cops?" She asks, placing her hands on her hips.

"Well, I just...I don't know. I don't even know where my phone is right now. I didn't think about-"

"Yeah, obviously. I had to swallow a damn rock! I was tied up!" She yells, a tear streaming down her cheek.

"I know. I said I'm sorry. At least I was here to help."

"It's because of you that this happened! For God sakes Tabitha! Is he the one that killed Duke?" She chokes on his name, but recovers quickly.

"I don't know! How the hell would I know? Do you think I talk with him?" I raise my voice to match her's.

"Who knows anymore." She mutters, looking at the floor.