Chapter Twenty Six

"Let's step outside." Harry tries to step outside, but whoever it is, pushes him back in.

"No, I'd love to meet this lovely Tabitha." He says, and Harry nods, stepping back to allow room for him to walk in.

I don't move from my seat on the couch, and that's mostly out of fear. If Harry actually listens to this guy, he must be powerful. I look at my fingernails and pretend like I don't care when I hear the door shut. The sound of footsteps against the wood come closer to me until I see his black boots.

"I'm not Medusa, dear. You can look at me." He chuckles to himself, and I hear Dylan force a laugh.

My eyes wander up his body, stopping when they meet his brown eyes. He seems to care about his looks more than Dylan or Harry, for he's styled his hair up and out of his face. He gives me a small smile, but I don't return it.

"Who are you?" I whisper, my voice giving away my fear.

"My name is Liam, but that's rather boring. I think you meant to ask, what am I?" He raises his eyebrows, and I nod, "Well, I'm the angel of death."

I know that his title should probably put fear into me, or I should bow down, but I don't know anything about all these supernatural creatures, so I just stare at him in confusion.

"Never heard of me?" He sits down next to me, and I force myself not to scoot away.

"I mean, I've heard of angels." I shrug in embarrassment.

"When you die, I will be there. I am why people die." 

"So, shouldn't you be doing that right now?"

"I got someone to cover my shift." He winks at me, and I feel even more uncomfortable.

"If you're an angel, why are you about to work with demons?" 

"I'm not the angel you hear about in church. I can be good or evil." 

"Tabitha, I hardly think now is a good time for this. We need to strategize with him." Harry swoops in, grabbing my arms and forcing me up.

"He's probably right." Liam waves me off with his hand.

"You're here to fight for me, and I can't even ask you about yourself?" I call as Harry pushes me down the hall and into the bedroom.

"Stay in here." He warns.

"Or what?" I raise an eyebrow and take a step closer to him.

"Or I'll tie you to the bed." He gives me a suggestive smile, and my cheeks flame. 

"That's completely stupid. Just go." I sit on the bed, showing him I'll stay here, and he quietly leaves.

I fall back onto the bed with a sigh. I've become a prisoner to these things. My eyes wander around the room, looking for anything to do, when I see a photo of Liam on the desk. I jump up to look at it more closely and gasp because he's naked.

I put the picture back on the desk, face down. Apparently, Harry's even more kinky than I had thought. I begin to open the drawers of the dresser, and when I open the third one, I see another naked photo of Liam. You've got to be kidding.

Just as I'm about to close it, I see a piece of paper. It has beautiful handwriting on it that reads: Just messing with you!

Who's just messing with me? Harry? I look back to the paper in frustration, but the words have changed. It now says, This is Liam, silly!

Great, so Liam can make me feel like I'm going crazy. That's just what I need. I slam the drawer shut, and slam my body back on the bed. It really is a comfortable bed, and all of the sudden, I feel like I haven't slept in ages, so I rest my head on the pillow and close my eyes.