Chapter Twenty Four

"I don't know about this, Harry. I don't really like risk when it involves my life." I say once I click my seat belt in, and Harry starts the car, the feeling of his lips on mine still making me tingle.

"Well, you have no choice but to be with me." He murmurs, checking the road for cars before pulling on to it.

"Do you not understand how dangerous this is?" I raise my voice unintentionally.

"I do, Tabitha, but I also know that you're brave and strong."

"I could be the bravest person on the planet, and I still wouldn't like this." I huff, crossing my arms over my chest like a child, which earns me a chuckle from Harry.

"Why are you so nervous about going up against demons when you have one on your side?"

"Why are you on my side?" I ask with curiosity.

"I hated Zayn. Have you ever been in a class where you're smarter than the teacher?"

"Yeah, actually most of the time I-"

"Well, that's how I felt all the time." He cuts me off with an eye roll.

"So, you wanted to be king of Hell?" I sarcastically ask.

"I've thought about it."

"Wait, you're serious?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" He glances at me, his brows furrowed together.

"I don't know. I guess I'm not used to all of this." I shrug and close my eyes, but immediately they shoot open in fear of having more tortuous banshee moments.

"What's wrong?" Harry's wide eyes meet mine.

"Nothing. I just don't want another experience like before."

"You need to sleep."

"No, I don't!"

"Tabitha, if you don't go to sleep, I will knock you out." He threatens, but the small smile on his face assures me that he's not serious.

"I'm serious. Those things are traumatizing!"

"Well, you need to get over that. This is what you are." He shrugs and looks back to the road.

I push myself into my seat and gaze out the window. This is what I am. I'm a freak who gets strangled without anyone being around. I get my grandmother caught up with demons that want me dead. This is what I am.

With a deep breath, I close my eyes and force them to stay shut. I see my grandmother tied to a chair, but this isn't something I'm being forced to see, which somehow makes it worse. In an attempt to make her go away, I will myself to see something else, something better.

Harry's face comes into my mind, though. This is definitely not something better, but I can handle him better than my grandmother being tortured.

His green eyes fill everything in my mind, and now I only see the deep green. I feel my shoulders relax with the soothing color, and my breathing becomes deeper.

Damn it. Of all the things that could comfort me, why does it have to be Harry's eye color?

I ignore the unfortunate coincidence and let myself drift deeper into the green filling my mind. Before I know it, I'm lost in his sea of green and unconscious.

"Come on, bitch, let's go." Harry's voice draws me from my peaceful slumber.

"Excuse me?" I groan, rubbing my eyes.

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were asleep." He laughs, and I open my eyes just to glare at him.

"So, when I'm asleep you call me all the names you wish you could while I'm awake?"