Chapter Twenty One

*this is the playlist for this fanfic so listen while u read! http://8tracks.com/infinitehstyles/devil-fan-fiction

Harry slowly moves his hand from around my waist to rest on my lower back then raises his body over mine as he guides me to lay down. The couch is just wide enough for me to lay on my back, but I know that this could be uncomfortable.

"Uh, Harry?" I nervously ask, making things almost as uncomfortable as falling off of the couch while making out.

"What?" He breathes, and I can tell he's trying to hide the annoyance in his voice. I have to ignore the fact that he's annoyed because most of the time, he wouldn't even hide it.

"Should we move to the bed?" I raise myself before he answers and duck out of his reach. My nerves go crazy as I walk to the odd looking but large bed, hoping he follows.

"You need that much room?" He chuckles from behind me. I sit in the middle of the bed, too anxious to lay down.

"Shut up or this isn't happening." I threaten, although, I know I desperately want physical attention. Maybe that's why I'm allowing this, and not because I feel anything for Harry.

"Fine, I'll just go get it on with Barbara." He raises his eyebrows at me, sitting beside me on the bed.

"I'm sure she's much more fun than I am, anyway. Better yet, let's have a threesome with her." I sarcastically say, hoping to cause a laugh from Harry, but instead, he kisses me.

His hands quickly move to my hips, gripping them with just the right amount of strength. He deepens the kiss, making it more sensual and passionate, but I quickly pull away. Our breathing is heavy as we stare at each other, his brows furrowed at me. 

"Show me your eyes." I whisper, too afraid to actually say the words, and further confusion spreads across his face.

"What do you mean?" He asks, moving his hands to my cheeks, holding my face in his hands.

"You know what I mean, Harry." I say with a louder voice, but I sound even weaker than before.

"Okay." He whispers, torn. He looks behind me for a moment, letting out a sigh, then he looks in my eyes, and I admire the beautiful green color before black fills every space. My breath catches, but I quickly recover it.

"Okay, stop," I say, but his eyes remain the same, "Stop!"

I close my eyes, the only way to escape the horrible sight in front of me, but the image floods my mind. Harry's hands gently hold my face tighter, an attempt to soothe me. His lips press against my nose slowly, gently kissing it. 

A tear escapes from my eye, leaving a cool trail on my cheek before colliding with Harry's hand. I scold myself for showing such weakness, for allowing something so silly to affect me. 

"Tabitha," Harry whispers so lightly I can barely hear him, "Don't cry."

I bite my bottom lip to control myself. My eyes still shut, I don't see his expression or how he feels. All I see is the image of his eyes being nothing but black. Harry delicately pushes his lips into mine without a sound. 

My head relaxes into his hands, resting against them, and my lips comply with his, kissing him back. I don't move my hands to touch him, though. It's enough that I'm letting this happen. My conflicting emotions make me wonder how strongly the war inside of me actually is. Maybe it's a good thing I have this ring on my finger.

Harry slides on of his hands to wrap around the back of my neck. Our kiss becomes passionate, once again, but this time, I don't pull away. Slowly, I lean my body back onto the pillows behind, opening my eyes for a moment. When I look behind Harry, I see Hailee standing beside the TV.