Chapter Nineteen

When I wake, Harry is kneeling beside me, violently shaking my shoulders, which is probably the reason why I woke up. Everything begins to set in, and I realize that I must have fainted from the shock of Harry's words.

"How long was I out?" I groan, rubbing the back of my head, surprised it's not throbbing.

"About a minute. There's no bump on your head," He glances at my hand that's searching my scalp, "I caught you before you hit the ground then laid you down."

"Thanks. A throbbing bump would've been the cherry on top to all of this." I say sarcastically, but giving him a smile of gratitude. 

"Now that you're up, we need to go." He urges then his hands are scooping me into his body, carrying me towards the front door.

"Hold on!" I scream, anxiety kicking in full gear. Harry immediately stops in his tracks but not without hiding his annoyance with me.

"We don't have time to panic, Tabitha. I know you're probably scared as hell, but if we don't hurry, you could be dead in hours." 

"What about the knife you used on Zayn?" I look around for the knife that sent Zayn back to hell, which Harry had to steal from an old priest to obtain. Nevertheless, I think we had more use with it.

"I could get one or two demons before they got us. There's too many of them." His nervously glance to the door as if they're already outside waiting.

"How do you even know that demons are coming for me?" I ask, raising my eyebrows at him in doubt.

"We don't have time for this!" He yells, not bothering to consider that my ear is right next to his mouth, and proceeds to open the door with haste.

"Stop!" I urge, and once again, he stops walking, but this time, with hesitation.

"Tabitha, if you ask one more stupid question, I'll kill you myself." He threatens, and a part of me believes that he really woluld.

"I can walk on my own." I motion to our unusual position of him carrying me then jump out of his arms and on to the ground. 

I walk to the car, getting in on the passenger side, not willing to fight Harry to drive. I also don't let myself wonder how he even got my car keys. In an attempt to appease the stress radiating off of Harry, I turn on the radio, but he turns it off without delay.

"If I can't listen to music, can we talk?" I ask even though I have every intention of talking to him whatever his answer is.

"Depends on what you want to talk about." He mutters, glaring at the road ahead of him. I keep my eyes locked on him, because if I look out the window, our speed will frighten me too much.

"I want to know how you know that demons are coming for me." I cross my arms over my chest to show that I mean business, although he doesn't even glance at me.

"It's obviously what I was doing when you got home and showered." 

"I thought you were checking out the deaths that Zayn did, or that we think Zayn did." I say, wondering if Zayn was actually innocent. 

"I was also figuring other things out. I didn't think it was more than a rumor, but once Zayn was dead, they got angry, I guess." He shrugs, his eyebrows knitting together.

"How do you know?" I ask the original question that had been on my mind since I awoke from my fainting episode.

"We can communicate in our heads, if we want. Like, I could tell the demons that we're driving, but I obviously won't," He quickly glances at me, his face full of uncertainty, "Anyways, they sent a message that whoever brought you to them would get a grand reward. A lot of people agreed."