Chapter Sixteen

"We have a lot to do today?" I repeat his words, not bothering to eat anything in front of me. It may all look delicious, but I can't just eat something a demon prepared.

"Yes. I want to train you." He says, pushing my plate closer to me. 

"I don't think I want to be trained. I'm sorry, but how do you expect me to believe you're not the bad guy when we killed innocent people last night?" I sit back in my chair, crossing my arms, hoping he understands I don't intend to eat.

"Why do you have to be so damn stubborn?" He slams his fist on the table, and I jump.

"I'm obviously not suited for this, Harry." I say quietly with a shrug of my shoulders.

"You did amazing last night." The corner of his mouth tugs up into a smirk, and my face begins to heat, for I know he isn't just talking about the murders.

"I want you to tell me everything. After I've heard your side, I can decide if I want to continue to be a part of this." I firmly state, shaking off the thoughts of our makeout last night.

"Who says you have a choice?" He lowers his voice, and for a moment, I feel vulnerable.

"I do have a choice. After all, I could just kill myself." The words feel utterly wrong coming out of my mouth, but they seem to have the right effect on Harry.

"Fine. You have to eat, though." He holds a piece of bacon in front of me.

"I'm not hungry. Talk." I raise my eyebrows without a glance at the bacon. Hunger isn't the first thing on my mind when a demon is about to tell me why he wants to train me in killing people.

"Have you ever been told that you're the most annoying person on the planet?" He rolls his eyes, throwing the bacon back on the plate, "I'm just going to tell you the necessities."

"I said that you have to tell me everything." 

"I may just kill you myself, actually." 

"You're hilarious, really. Now talk." I settle into my chair, preparing for the worst.

"Alright. For some reason, lately, priests and other people affiliated with religion have been more open to believing that demons still walk the Earth." He begins with a dramatic sigh.

"Well, they're clearly not wrong." I motion towards him, causing him to roll his eyes at me.

"Yes, they're right, but they're actually trying to find us and kill us. Before, they believed that evil walked the Earth, but they never did anything about it because nobody actually thought a demon was possessing their neighbor." He explains, resting his elbows on the table.

"So, you're concerned because now you actually have to watch your ass instead of just killing without a care?" I scoff. The problem doesn't seem that disastrous. 

"The demons are all freaking out. Some think that one idiot actually told people about us, but nobody can figure out why." 

"What do you think?" I frown, curious to hear his opinion.

"I'm not sure. Honestly, I don't really care about how it all happened. We just need to stop it." He shrugs and leans back in his chair.

"That's so stupid." I shake my head.

"How the hell is it stupid?"

"People are actually defending themselves, fighting back, and you think that it's wrong! It's not wrong, it's fair!" I shout, leaning forward in my chair without realizing it.

"Humans can't just know about us." He responds, and I'm surprised that he isn't shouting.

"It's not like every single person does. Besides, isn't it expected for religious people to believe in shit like demons?"