Chapter Eighteen

What does Harry mean Zayn was touching what is his? I clearly don't belong to Harry, or anyone for that matter. I jog to the car, not bothering to tell my grandmother bye. She doesn't understand what I'm going through, so all she'll do is judge me.

"I'm not yours, ya know." I say as I click my seat belt into place. 

"You don't have anyone else." He replies with a hint of mockery in his voice.

"I don't need anyone else! I'm perfectly fine being on my own." I argue, pulling the car on to the street and beginning the drive home.

"If it wasn't for me, who knows what you would be going through right now." He points out, and I internally groan. How long is he going to hold this over my head?

"Harry, I'm being serious. I really appreciate you saving my ass, but you can't say stuff like that." I keep my eyes on the road, a pathetic excuse to not look at him.

"I can say whatever the hell I want, Tabitha. Don't treat me like I'm inferior to you, because we both know who's in control in this relationship." He says, his tone now elusive.

"Tell me who Zayn is and why he would want to kill my grandmother." I quickly change the subject before I say something that I heavily regret.

"Oh, how I don't like your grandmother," He chuckles to himself, but his face quickly turns to stone, "Zayn is a demon who doesn't know what to do with himself, so he's just killing anybody he can. Your grandmother knows about us, so that gave him a reason."

"Are there going to be more demons after her?" I'm not close with the woman, but I surely don't want demons ripping her apart.

"Most likely. There's a lot of senseless ones like Zayn." He relaxes into his seat, and I catch him shaking his head.

"He told me that I'm a hot topic among demons." 

"Probably. You're currently chauffeuring a demon. That's gonna make people talk." He pauses for a moment then laughs at the thought.

"He knew that I'm a banshee, though." I sigh, "You don't think that's weird?"

"Stop over analyzing everything. No wonder you're single." He leans his head against the window, closing his eyes.

"I'm single by choice!" I slap his arm, making him jump. His eyes fly open, and he tightly grabs my hand, catching me off guard.

"Don't. Touch. Me." He breathes, his voice low and menacing. I glance from the road to him, surprised and scared by his reaction.

"I was just playing around. I'm sorry." I utter, unsure of what he wants me to say.

"You can't just hit people. Damn," He sighs, then a smile creeps on his face, "You know, you can touch me in a non violent way. I mean, unless you like it rough."

"Shut up!" I pull my hand away from his grip, resting it back on the steering wheel, "Zayn was right."

"What could Zayn be right about?"

"He said, and I quote, 'No wonder Harry is trying to fuck you so hard.' All you want is to get in my pants." I turn the car into my neighborhood, thankful to be this close to getting out of the car.

"Of course I want in your pants. You're any guy's dream." He shrugs.

"What?" I ask, caught off guard.

"You're insanely hot, Tabitha. Plus, you're not that bad to hang around." He runs his hand through his hair, watching me. I pull into my driveway and turn the car off, and finally, look back at him.