Chapter Twenty Five

I frown at Harry and look around the lavish room. Everything is in place. No pile of clothes on the floor or wrinkles in the bed. 

"I was asleep?" I sit up against the pillows and rub the back of my head. For some reason, there's a dull throbbing there.

"Not exactly. You passed out." He shrugs his shoulders when I frown again.

"And where were you and Dylan?" I exclaim, "Measuring each other's dicks?"

"No! We were figuring some things out." He sits beside me on the bed, placing his hand on my knee, and I quickly move away.

"Sorry." I mumble when he gives me a confused expression. I can't handle his touch after what just happened in my head.

"Did you see anything while you were out?" He asks, his tone becoming more serious, but my cheeks become a flaming red from paranoia.

"Why?" I respond too quickly.

"Well, the last few times you've passed out, you saw things." 

"No, I didn't see anything. I probably just passed out because I'm so hungry or something." I nervously laugh then jump off the bed, speeding down the hallway into the kitchen, where I am met by Dylan sitting at the table.

"Well, sleeping beauty has been woken up!" He claps his hands and puckers his lips, making kissing sounds.

"Are you twelve?" I roll my eyes and grab an apple from the counter.

"So, what did you see when you passed out?" 

The apple drops from my hands, rolling until it collides with his white tennis shoes, while I open and close my mouth, searching for an answer. 

"Nothing." I stare at the apple on the ground, "Why did I even pass out?"

"Who knows. We found you on the bathroom floor." He shrugs his shoulders and picks up the apple, tossing it to me, but I throw it away.

"The last thing I remember is looking around the bathroom, but then I..." I trail off, not wanting to tell Dylan what happened next.

"Then what?"

"I was looking around the bathroom then Harry came up behind me." I sigh, refusing to say any more than that.

"Harry was with me the whole time." He frowns like he doesn't believe me.

"I know that. I'm just saying it's odd that I don't remember passing out. Reality and fantasy flowed together." 

"Fantasy?" Dylan raises his eyebrows, "A fantasy with Harry?"

"No! That's not what I meant!" I look around the room, unable to meet his gaze or show him my cheeks, which resemble the apple I just threw away.

"It's okay. You can trust me with your secrets."

"Why would I trust some random demon?"

"Because Harry trusts me, and I am willing to fight for you." He stands and hoists himself onto the counter.

"Have you two come up with anything about this fight?" 

"No, not really. We know we're going to win, though." He shrugs as if it's not a big deal and grabs another apple.

"Hell yeah!" Harry yells, startling me. My cheeks heat at the sight of him being in the same room.

"I'm gonna go shower." I mutter and rush out of the kitchen.

"We need to talk about what you saw!" Harry follows me into the bedroom, closing the door behind him, and my heart begins to panic.

"Open the door."