Chapter Thirty Three

My mouth goes dry, and I'm unable to come up with some sort of response for him. I take the opportunity to fully drink in his appearance. His face is cleanly shaven, so he obviously takes care of himself, and his clothes look like that of an average boy, a loose white tank top and tight dark jeans. 

"Checking me out?" He raises an eyebrow, "I heard you like to get around with us demons."

"That's disgusting." I roll my eyes and take a step backwards.

"People even say that you fucked Zayn before you killed him, and of course, you're fucking Harry, but that's only to help him, right?" He takes a step closer to me, eradicating the space I put between us.

"None of that is true." I try to look around the warehouse for any sign of the boys, but it's still empty.

"You're a virgin?"

"What does it matter to you?" I take two steps backwards now.

"I'm just curious." He reaches his arm out to me and traces my jawline with his finger.

"Look, I came here for a reason. I'm not interested in discussing my sexual business."

"Oh, so you're interested in being slaughtered?" He takes my chin into his hand, forcing me to meet his black eyes that send chills down my spine.

"I'm not a selfish, soulless demon. I can sacrifice myself for the greater good."

"You're not here to sacrifice yourself for the greater good. You're trying to help Harry. I'm sure he told you that he can finish us off if you do this."

"He didn't tell me that."

"Did he tell you how he's been talking to my men about joining our side?" He asks, blinking to turn his eyes to a blue shade again.

"That's a lie." I mutter, remembering Harry's repetitive words about trusting him.

"The only reason he didn't join us is because of the little connection you two have. It wouldn't allow him to do it." He shakes his head, "It's a shame. He's a real fighter."

"Harry actually has a good side."

"Wow, do tell!"

"He's helped to protect me and help me with my banshee powers." 

"He only helped with your powers so you could help him kill people. As for the protection, he probably knew it would get you into bed." He disregards my attempt to defend Harry.

"Is there something you want me to say or do?" I ask, locking my eyes with his to show him I'm not scared, even if I'm terrified.

"I want you to realize the truth, Tabitha." He exhales, "So much has been kept from you, and I want to shed light on reality." 

"I've already been told the horrific reality of my life." I counter. A part of me is begging to hear his side of the story, but I need to remember that he's just going to lie.

"Well, let me tell you about the real reality." He finally releases his hold on my chin and begins to pace with his hands clasped behind his back.

"Make it quick." 

"Watch it." He glares at me, his eyes flashing to black for a moment, "I won't tolerate that."

"Sorry, sir." I mumble, pushing my luck and earning myself another glare.

"Moving on. There's a lot that Harry has kept from you. For instance, did he tell you why there's been a war between demons?"

"Yeah, apparently the religious leaders are trying to fight you guys."