Chapter 14

Cecilia's P.O.V

I'm sat with my brother, trying to beat him at a video game. It's not working. "Drat!" I say as I lose again and I turn to him, "I'll get you next time."    My voice is still whispery but at least I can speak again. Con laughs, "I doubt it."  To this he receives an elbow to the ribs. On the other side of the room I see James doing sit ups. Tristan is on the other side of Connor, cheering him on as we were playing. Brad is sat with his guitar and is softly strumming it. I smile slightly and sit beside him. He looks up and smiles, "Hey, Cecilia! What's up?"  I pout, "Con keeps beating me at that stupid video game."

Brad laughs, "You'll beat him eventually."  He's currently experimenting with chord arrangements on his guitar. "Coming up with a new song? I hear you're working on a new album."   He smiles, "Maybe, and hopefully we'll have the album finished soon."  I grin at him, "It's gonna be awesome I bet!"   Brad gazes at me, "Yeah, we've already released the music video for wake up. Our manager was on about a music video for another one of our songs too." An idea forms in my head, "Do you think you could teach me how to play the guitar? I never really had the chance to learn."   Brad nods, "Sure."   Quickly I give him a hug. "Thanks! Hey when do we start?"   He shrugs, "Now if you like."

Brad places the guitar in my lap and I pick it up. He shows me how to hold it and as he takes hold of my hand to guide me through strumming techniques, I feel a spark.   I practise the strumming patterns  for a while and then he shows me a few chords.  But I can't seem to get my fingers in the right place. He calmly snakes his arm around me and gently moves my fingers onto the right strings. I blush a little at how close he is to me. But then I spot Connor out of the corner of my eye, glaring at Brad and I bite my lip.  Quickly I focus my attention on the guitar and strum gently, playing the chords.  "There you go! You're a natural! And you said you didn't know how to play!"    I turn to Brad and shrug, "I have a good teacher."   We both laugh together and the I see Connor's reaction. If looks could kill...

We chat for a while and then Connor marches over.  "Brad, a word please!"   Brad reluctantly follows Con out towards the back of the bus.  I put some headphones on and listen to music. The I hear raised voices but my music is too loud to hear what's being said.  After a while they both return, Connor looking annoyed and Brad looking a little upset. What on earth happened back there? I do know one thing though, Brad doesn't come back and sit with me. He sits with James, who is currently sat at the breakfast bar.

So instead, I head over to my brother, "Con? What was that about? It sounded like you were arguing."  Connor sighs irritably and then turns to me, a smile on his face, "Nothing for you to worry about," He then turns and joins Tristan on the Xbox. Okay then...

*A few days later*

So I've noticed that Brad and Connor are not speaking to each other. Not only that, they're both ignoring me.  I approach James slowly. "James."  He takes the earphone out of his ear. "What's up little sis?"    I roll my eyes and then I sit beside him. "Brad and Connor are ignoring me and neither of them are talking to each other. What happened a few days ago? What were they arguing about?"    James sighs, "Well they were definitely arguing..."   Frowning, I look at him puzzled, "James just tell me what they were arguing about!"    He hesitates but then says, "You."

My eyes widen, "Me?"   James doesn't say anything. I'm so confused, why were they arguing about me?

Brad's P.O.V

I'm sat by myself, strumming my guitar. But I can't concentrate, my mind keeps going back to that argument between me and Connor. It's driving me mad.

*Flashback*

I follow Connor to the back of the bus. All of a sudden he pins me to the wall. "WHAT THE HELL BRAD! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

I raise my hands in defence, "Mate I don't understand. What's the problem?"

"DON'T PLAY DUMB, I SEE YOU. I SEE HOW YOU LOOK AT CELIA! I TOLD YOU MY SISTER IS OFF LIMITS!"

"CON I DON'T LIKE HER LIKE THAT. SHE'S JUST A FRIEND! I SWEAR!"

"STOP LYING! YOU F*****G DO! WHY ARE YOU SO RED THEN? IT'S OBVIOUS. JUST BACK OFF MAN. LEAVE HER ALONE!"

"CON, I SWEAR I DON'T LIKE HER LIKE THAT. I'D NEVER GO AGAINST THE CODE! YOU KNOW THAT!"

"YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER, IF YOOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU. I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU DO!"

"YOUR BEING REALLY UNREASONABLE, I DON'T LIKE HER! LET GO OF ME!"

"FINE, BUT GO NEAR HER AND I WON'T HESITATE TO BEAT YOU TO A PULP!"

He slams me into the wall and storms out. Ultimately, I'm shocked. I knew Connor was protective of Cecilia, but that is just way, way over protective. But I can't do much about it. I head out to re-join the others. I see Cecilia with headphones on, smiling as she bobs her head to the music. She's so cute. But I can't go against Connor. So I join James at the breakfast bar and sip my drink slowly.

*End of Flashback*

I lean my head back against the wall and cover my face with my hands, man I messed up. A set of footsteps snaps me out of my thoughts. I open eyes and lower my hand as I see James sit down beside me. "What's up?" I say to him. He laughs, "I should be asking you that. I heard what you and Connor were arguing about."    Sighing sadly, I nod, "Yeah..."   James looks at me concerned, "Are you okay?"   I shrug and don't respond. James sighs, "I think Connor went a bit overboard. He was ballistic. Though I think he got the wrong end of the stick, right Brad? You don't fancy Cecilia do you? You're just mates."

I don't respond but my mind is on Cecilia. Her smile, her eyes, her personality. She's amazing. Funny. Beautiful. I can't help gaze at her sometimes. Whoa! Hold up! Wait...No! Could I possibly...is it true? Do I...? Does this mean.. no, no! Connor would be so mad! I can't... can I?

"BRAD!" James snaps, making me jump. "Are you even listening? Wait you've gone red. You and Cecilia are just mates right?"

I bite my lip, "I-I...I think Connor didn't get the wrong end of the stick..."