Chapter 19

Cecilia's P.O.V

"Shawn mendes?"
He nods, "That's right, i take it you've heard of me?"
I nod slowly. His eyes widen, "Hey, aren't you Connor Ball's sister? Cecilia?"
This time my eyes widen, "How -"
I back up rapidly, this is way too weird.

"He's really worried. Been tweeting about like crazy. Wants to know if anyone has seen you."

I look up at Shawn , "You won't -"
"Tell him? No, but you should. All four of them are incredibly worried!"
Looking down at the ground, i bite my lip. I know they must be worried. But i don't know if I can go back to them, at least not yet.

Drip.  Drip.

I feel cold water splashing me and i look up at the sky seeing rain pouring down. Then i look at Shawn. He beckons to me and offers his hand. Reluctantly i take it. It's soft and warm and slightly damp from the rain. "Come on!" He says and we run.
Soon we reach an apartment. It's his.
As soon as he unlocks the door and pulls me inside, sits me down on the couch and then he disapears. A few seconds later he comes back, wrapping a large towel round me. "Hot chocolate?"
I nod.

After a few minutes he hands me a mug and sets himself down on the couch next to me. He has a towel in one hand to dry his hair, and another mug of hot chocolate in the other.
Shawn slowly takes a sip, "So why'd you leave?"
Sighing, i begin to explain.

Shawn listens, pondering over it all.
"So you left because of what they did to you that night? They were drunk, they didn't know what they were doing."
I sigh again, "Not just that, they proke their promise to me. Mine and Con's big brother used to be drunk all the time and terrorise us. Beating us up. Even our mum got hit! The boys knew this and promised but they lied! And i thought...i thought me and Brad had something... but..."
Shawn leans forward slightly. "Okay, but i get the feeling there's more to it?"
I bite my lip again, "You asked me if i was Connors's sister. Connor's sister. That's all I'll ever be. I just don't want to be stuck in his shadow. If i want people to know me like they know my brother, i want it to be because of my iwn achievements, my own success in my passion. Not just be known because I'm just his sister. Plus the whole thing with Brad has been driving me crazy."

He raises an eyebrow, "I get that, but what's going on with you and Brad? Are you together?
I shake my head, "It's complicated. Con is very protective of me. Especially cause of my...our past. He doesn't want me to be with Brad. I know it's more than just that code they have for not dating another band member's sibbling/relative. If Connor ever found out we kissed...he'd be ballistic. I said I'd try getting round him, but the more i think about it, the more i doubt he'd change his mind. Brad suggested keeping it a secret. With sounds dangerous and exciting a fun, but i couldn't do that to Con. Con doesn't control me, or my life, but he can't help being protective. He doesn't want me to get hurt. That time when our brother attacked me, i nearky died. That accident i was in,  where that building colllapsed. He nearly lost me again. I know he's just that protective because he doesn't want to lose me, but in his mind its just 'What if next time, i actually do lose her' so he does what he can to keep me safe."

"He has to learn to let you stand on your own two feet. Maybe he's scared to do that because he won't be there to protect you if something happened." Shawn says.
"Yeah, i know he couldn't live with himself if something ever did, and the same goes for me, if something happened to him, i don't know what I'd do. But i love Brad. I don't know what I'm going to do. But it's been quite a while, and Brad is hot. I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved on already."
Shawns eyes widen, "You love him? Cecilia, i don't think he's moved on from you. He's been real mopey since you left, well they all have, but Brad, well, let's just say he's not looking after himself all that well. Even his fans can tell."

"I miss them."

Shawn thinks for a moment, "Have you thought about putting a cover up on YouTube? You'll get recognition. Your independence as an artist. Plus the boys'll see you're okay!"
I nod, "Sure, but how on earth am i going to decide on a song?"
He grins, "How about one of mine?"
For a few minutes, i flick through all the Shawn Mendez songs i know. Then i smile, i know which one.
"Mercy. How about Mercy." I say and Shawn nods approvingly.
He takes some time setting up the equipment. But while he does, i rehearse the song.

Once he's done he pops his head round, "All set up. Are you ready?"
"Yep."
I head in and am instantly in awe, it's just like a recording studio. I see him starting up the camera. So i take a deep breath and begin singing as the music kicks in.

You've got a hold of me
Don't even know your power
I stand a hundred feet
But I fall when I'm around you

Show me an open door
Then you go and slam it on me
I can't take anymore
I'm saying baby

Please have mercy on me
Take it easy on my heart
Even though you don't mean to hurt me
You keep tearing me apart
Would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart

I'd drive through the night
Just to be near you baby
Heart open, testify
Tell me that I'm not crazy

I'm not asking for a lot
Just that you're honest with me
My pride is all I got
I'm saying baby

Please have mercy on me
Take it easy on my heart
Even though you don't mean to hurt me
You keep tearing me apart
Would you please have mercy on me
I'm a puppet on your strings
And even though you got good intentions
I need you to set me free
Would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart

Consuming all the air inside my lungs
Ripping all the skin from off my bones
I'm prepared to sacrifice my life
I would gladly do it twice
Consuming all the air inside my lungs
Ripping all the skin from off my bones
I'm prepared to sacrifice my life
I would gladly do it twice

Oh, please have mercy on me
Take it easy on my heart
Even though you don't mean to hurt me
You keep tearing me apart
Would you please have mercy on me
I'm a puppet on your string
And even though you got good intentions
I need you to set me free
I'm begging you for mercy, mercy (on my heart)
I'm begging you, begging you please baby
I'm begging you for mercy, mercy (on my heart)
Oh, I'm begging you, I'm begging you, yeah

"That was an awesome take. I'll get this uploaded on your channel shall i?" He smiles and i grin back, his smile is so contagious. And i get the feeling this could be the start of something good. Who knows?