Chapter 18

Connor's P.O.V

It's been three months. Three months since Cecilia left.  The worry is driving me crazy. I don't know where she is. Or where'd she'd even go. Is she okay? We haven't heard anything. We don't even know why she left. 

"Hey Con? Are you okay?" 

I turn to James, "Of course not! My sister has just disappeared! Without a trace! I'm worried sick!" I snap and James nods, "I know, we're all worried."   I sigh, "I wish, i knew why she left. I thought she was happy here. I know it was more that just to do with that night at the club. More than just what she said in that note she left. But where the heck is she? Where on earth would she go?"

"I don't know Con. I don't know."

Brad's P.O.V

I really miss Cecilia. It's driving me crazy.  Will she even come back to us? To me?  A lot of guilt washes over me. James told me what happened that night. He was th only one sober enough to remember. We all broke our promise. To make it worse... i-i came on to her and then i hurt her. Called her all these names. I pushed her into a table of drinks. I humiliated her in front of everyone. No wonder she left. Cecilia left because of me. I've blown it! I'm messed everything up. Again! No wonder she doesn't want to be with me. I mess everything up. And she always seems to get hurt. Maybe Connor was right for not wanting me near her. 

"Hey Brad. We have rehearsal!" I hear the boys but i don't want to move. I just ignore them. I can't face anyone, after what i've done. I expect them to go without me but they all walk in and sit with me. 

"Brad. It's not your fault. It's not your fault she left!" James says and Tristan nods. But Connor looks confused. "Am i the only one who's not been informed here? What'd you do Brad?"   I bury my head in my hands. "Cecilia left because of me. Because of how i treated her in the club."  And then i explain. I expect Connor to get really angry with me. Even hate me. I know he is. I hurt his sister...again! I don't know why i told him. But...she's his sister, he has a right to know. But he'll never know about how i feel about her. How she felt about me. Which i doubt she feels now.  About that kiss. The kiss that i will treasure. 

After a few minutes of uncomfortably silence Connor sighs. "You were drunk Brad. We all were. You didn't know what you were doing. I doubt she left just because of you. If at all. But there's more it than just what happened that night. I'm certain of it.

Cecilia's P.O.V

I'm out by myself roaming the streets. I know what you're thinking. 'How stupid! She's only gone and made herself homeless again!' Well actually i'm living with some new friends. They're apart of this group...a group that paints meaningful murals. Murals that get messages across. And they're licensed to paint where ever - so long as they have the permission from the owner of the property/site they paint on. We either work in a group or solo for each piece we create. But group ones always require extra planning. But I really do love it here. 

I'm in America by the way. The group has branched out overseas. I need to meet up with Amelia and the others soon. They'er managed to bag a cool spot for our newest mural. As i dash round the corner, i spot Amelia. 

"Hey! About time! We've just started discussing ideas."  Amelia smiles. We begin talking together but to be honest, right now i'd rather be alone. It's mine and Con's birthday soon. I can't stop thinking about it. About everything that happened. It's been three months since I've seen him, since i've seen the boys. I miss them. I-i miss Brad. No! Stop thinking about them. You're here with this group doing something you love. You're here to find yourself. To be your own person, not just your brothers shadow. You're here cause you need time, space to think about everything.

"Hey Cecilia? Are you okay? If you want a break from painting that's fine. I mean you've helped out with every single one we've done since you got here!"

I nod, "Yeah, yeah, i might just go back to our apartment, i'm not feeling to good."   Amelia nods and heads back to the group. I on the other hand, roam around the city. I have all my paints with me, so i should probably take them back to the apartment. But soon i realize where i'm heading. I come to a painting that I've been working on for as long as i've been here. It's far from complete. But whenever i feel down, i come here and paint a little more. Plus i have the radio on while i paint and sometimes i sing along. It's really relaxing.  

"I can't stay on your life support there's a shortage in the switch. I can't stay on your morphine, cause it's making me itch. I tried to call the nurse again, but she's been a little b-. I think i'll get out of here. Where i can run, just as fast as i can, to the middle of nowhere. To the middle of my frustrated fears. And i swear, you're just like pill. Stead of making me better, you keep making me ill. you keep making me ill!" I sing, as i continue painting, the radio blasting away loudly too. 

I shake the can of paint vigorously, it's not got a lot left. But i keep going, singing some of the other songs on the radio. 

*Clap* *Clap*

I turn around sharply and come face to face with a guy. He's standing there smiling. "Wow! That was really good. And that painting is amazing!"    I stiffen in shock. "Er thanks - i guess."   He looks at me with kind eyes, "Hey, i'm sorry for scaring you. I'm not going to hurt you."   He seems so nice, i can tell he means what he says, so i relax a little, "Who are you?"   

He grins, "I'm Shawn."   My eyes widen as i look at him. And i instantly realize.

"Shawn Mendez?"