Chapter 20

Cecilia's P.O.V

My cover of Shawn's song has done pretty well. I was surprised. I didn't think i was much good at the whole singing thing. Amelia is currently trying to shake me awake. "Amelia, I'm awake! Stop shaking me."
She grins, "I can't believe you, when did you meet Shawn mendez? Girl you're so lucky! Ive always wanted to meet him and watch him perform live in concert."
I grin sheepishly. Then her eyes widen, "Oh speaking of concerts, i got us tickets to see this really awesome, hot band! We are definitely both going!"
Laughing, i give her a shove as i get out of bed. "Whatever. I'm going out. I have a painting to finish."
Amelia walks off, "Fine, but be back by 3 we need to get ready. We don't want to miss those hotties!"
"I swear boys are your biggest obsession!"
"Next to painting of course."
Grabbing a slice of toast, i rush out with my satchel of paints, bumping me on the hip. Time for some painting.

*A few hours later*

"Back here again, are we?" A familiar voice says.
I laugh, "Hey Shawn!"
"You spend an awful lot of time here. What exactly are you painting?" He asks.
I shrug, "Have a look."
Shawn steps back and gasps in awe.

"Wow! So this bit, with the girl in the hoodie on the ground. Represnts homelessness? Is that.. you?"
I nod, "Yeah, for a time i was homeless. "
He his eyes flit to the next part.
"There's a guy that looks very drunk. Two little kids cowering away from him." 
He looks to the right. "A figure in a hood spray painting a wall. Another figure sketching in a book. And...
That's The Vamps! And there's Brad! Hey is that you recording with my equipment.

He stands back again and gasps at the bit I've just finished painting. The part in the middle  "You with a hood up but one half of your face....is a wolf?" He looks at me confused.
I sigh, "I'm used to being alone. But i like it. Sometimes it's good being by yourself. You get away from all the troubles. The stress and drama in your life. Feeling totally carefree. Like a wolf."
He nods, "But at the same time a wolf is loyal to it's pack. And will do whatever it can to protect that pack."
"Sounds like someone familiar," I add, thinking of Con.

Shawn holds up his phone and takes a photo of it. He's typing on his phone. Then he looks up, "Anyway, i gotta dash. See you at the concert tonight? The painting is amazing by the way!"  He rushes off and i finish off the painting by adding my tag.
But then i see the time on my phone and rush back to my apartment.

"There you are! Come on let's get you ready!"

After an hour of her tugging at my hair a applying make up to my face and throwing clothes at me, I'm finally ready. There's still one thing i need to know.
"Hey Amelia, what band are we seeing tonight?"
She gives me this mysterious look. "You'll see!"

As we head to the venue, a strange feeling runs through me. What if.....?
Amelia suddenly grabs my arm, "Come on! Let's head inside, we need to get a good view!"
I let her drag me inside and soon after we get in a good position, the first support act comes on.
There's a few support acts that come on before the main band.
But then, all too familiar music begins to play. My heart starts pounding. I look over at Amelia. She smirks and my eyes widen.
"You knew!" I say, astonished. "You did this intentionally!"
She grins, "Well, it was Shawn's idea. He planned it all!"
I turn to her, "Planned what exactly?"
She smile mischievously. "You'll see!"

As i look up at the stage, i try to blend in with everyone. I'm not ready to face them yet. I watch as my brother and his band mates run on stage. I dance and sing along to the music with the rest of the fans, just so i blend. To be honest I'm not sure what else to do.
And then the boys start singing 'Oh Cecilia'

Cecilia, you're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily

Put your hands up
You're surrounded
The whole love thing
I clowned it
Then who's the joker?
I guess I'm it
'Cause I let it right go when I found it

Time has never been my best suit
Now I've got everything except you
You moved out of my heart, still got the bruise
I'd give it all back to be next to you

I turn my radio up and it's just my luck
Why-y-y-y-y-y me?
I turn my TV on, it's the same old song
Why are you following me?
It's like a 'missing you' sign
Is written on my face
Why-y-y-y-y-y-eh?
It's like everybody knows
'Cause everywhere I go
The whole world is singing to me
Yeah

Cecilia, you're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh, Cecilia, I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to come home
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh-eh-eh

I had the girl of my dreams
And now she's all gone
Thought that we could last forever
I was all wrong
Said the talking was cheap and now I'm flat broke
She don't even wanna see my face anymore
She don't wanna say
Where she's gone away
But now she's on replay
In my, in my brain
I'll do what it takes
Any time and place
We can turn a breakup into an outbreak

I turn my radio up and it's just my luck
Why-y-y-y-y-y me?
I turn my TV on, it's the same old song
Why are you following me?
It's like a 'missing you' sign
Is written on my face
Why-y-y-y-y-y-eh?
It's like everybody knows
'Cause everywhere I go
The whole world is singing to me
Yeah

Cecilia, you're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh, Cecilia, I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to come home
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh-eh-eh

Although we're many miles apart but I still feel her
There'll never be another one like my Cecilia
Oh where, oh where could she be?
Does she still care about me?
When will she finally come back to, come back to me?

During the bridge, i notice Brad welling up with tears. He looks like he's going to break down. I aver my attention to the other boys. That's when James spots with me. I look at him pleadingly. But of course he runs over to Tristan and Connor. He points me out to them and Connor runs over to Brad. They do this, whilst still playing the song. As soon as Connor tells him, Brad looks over at me and our eyes meet. He jumps down and fights his way through the crowd, whilst singing to get to me.  I try to back out but the fans block my way. I turn back around and see the crowd has parted so he's easily gotten to me. I try to get away again but he grabs me and turns me back around. Looks like I'm stuck. He stands in front of me, singing, looking directly into my eyes.

Cecilia, you're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh, Cecilia, I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to come home
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh
Uh-uh-uh, eh-eh-eh-eh

After the songs stops we just stand there staring at each other. His eyes are bloodshot. He's been crying. A tear rolls down his cheek. I realise that I've been selfish. How could i do this to them. How could i do this to him. Tears roll down my cheeks uncontrollably.
I can't run away any more

I run to him. I run into his  arms